Booties

onuhunter02

Booties

Post by onuhunter02 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:52 pm

I am headed to Kansas for my first time and it was recommended to me to get the dogs a pair of booties since I am only hunting two dogs. I have read on here the Scott booties are decent, does anyone have any other ones that they have had good experiences with? Those seem cheap in relevance so I got some to give them a try. The person who gave me that advice has quite a few dogs so "puppy" power is less of an issue.
Thank you

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Re: Booties

Post by gonehuntin' » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:56 pm

dogboyties.com. The 1000 denier ones.

randomnut

Post by randomnut » Thu Dec 31, 2015 8:16 pm

gonehuntin' wrote:dogboyties.com. The 1000 denier ones.
Those look really nice. Any reason they wouldn't work well in a hunting situation? They'd be a lot easier to put on than Lewis boots.

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:59 pm

randomnut wrote:
Those look really nice. Any reason they wouldn't work well in a hunting situation? They'd be a lot easier to put on than Lewis boots.
That's what I use them for: hunting. If I'm hunting the dog every day, they last about 14 days in Pheasant country. If you're chukar hunting, they wouldn't last as long. They are NOT as tough as Lewis boots. It just depends what you want them for or rather what most of you're hunting is. A lot of sled dog racer's use these. They're so darn cheap and work so well, I keep about 20 of them on hand.

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Fri Jan 01, 2016 11:27 am

I swear by the Grip Tex. I use these to road my dogs on pavement as well as hunting and they have held up very well.

http://www.ruffwear.com/Products/dog_boots

onuhunter02

Post by onuhunter02 » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:40 pm

gonehuntin' wrote:
randomnut wrote:
That's what I use them for: hunting. If I'm hunting the dog every day, they last about 14 days in Pheasant country. If you're chukar hunting, they wouldn't last as long. They are NOT as tough as Lewis boots. It just depends what you want them for or rather what most of you're hunting is. A lot of sled dog racer's use these. They're so darn cheap and work so well, I keep about 20 of them on hand.

Thanks for the advice I read on here also they work well I will also give them a shot. Just looking for every edge to keep the dogs fresh for a week. Thank you everyone.