Tri-Tronics transmitter?

donne

Tri-Tronics transmitter?

Post by donne » Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:47 am

One of my TT Pro 100 G-3 transmitters is acting up. Both are around 7 years old. I think the problem is the little "bat handle" switch that selects the collar that receives the signal. Black/red/blue. Blue works fine but black and red tone together. I re-married all 3 collars a couple times, but still have the problem. I looked at Collar-Clinics site and it says the "Pro" series G-2 & G-3 are not repairable. They will offer a credit on a used Pro 100. I'd like to stay with same unit as I have chargers for the 2 transmitters and 6 receivers. I'll call them later today. Just wondering if you folks had any more ideas/options.

RayGubernat
GDF Junkie

Re: Tri-Tronics transmitter?

Post by RayGubernat » Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:17 am

If you have someone in your area that does ham radio or mobile radio repair work, you might ask them to check it out. Someone like that would certainly be qualified.

It might be something as simple as needing a new toggle switch. Sure sounds like it.

RayG

ACooper
GDF Premier Member!

Post by ACooper » Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:54 am

Contact TT/Garmin they will swap you a new/refurb remote for yours. It will cost a little, but shouldnt be too bad, I just swapped two G3 collars, they cost me 65 each.

donne

Post by donne » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:42 am

Thanks Guys;
I've traded in 1 controller with TT years ago, but the last time I talked to them they had changed to Garmin and said all the Pro series trainers were replaced by the Pro 550 and everything else was obsolete and no longer supported. I'll try them again to be sure.

Collar Clinic would not repair the switch, but they had a "used but good" Pro 100 with a guarantee, so that's the way I went. More than I wanted to pay, but will be back with two working units and 1 controller that will handle 2 collars as a spare. They would have given a credit on the old controller, but it was only 10%, so I kept it. May look into the repair locally. I'm sure its the switch.

donne

Post by donne » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:52 pm

Update; (Thanks ACooper)
Called Garmin TT this AM. They still have refurbished Pro series controllers but the supply is not unlimited. They really wanted mine on a trade in and the price was comparable. So apparently they are still supporting these units, for now. Don't know why I was told years ago they were no longer supported. Already committed to CC. Maybe next month I'll turn in my "spare" for a fully functional "spare"!