New to the board

kperry

New to the board

Post by kperry » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:55 pm

Hello everyone,
My name is Keith and I am new to the boards. I am living in the Memphis area and was looking to see if there were any training groups in the area. I have a 10 month old GSP male that I am trying to train. He is really doing well but I have no other dogs to train him around, honor etc...

Hoping to get some good tips from everyone on here.

oldbeek

Re: New to the board

Post by oldbeek » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:16 pm

Look up NSTRA.org Check right side list for regions, Mid south region. There is a reference to a trial that is over but it was held at Tn Valley BDC. The chairman of that trial lives in Arlington TN. James String 931-244-0679. NSTRA is a competition that closely simulates hunting. You will find friendly people that love pointing dogs there. There are several trials coming up in your area. Go to one and see what NSTRA is all about. Web Site NSTRA.ORG

kperry

Post by kperry » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:41 am

Thanks for the information, I have done some walking trials in the past but not NSTRA. I have been looking at the possibility of giving that venue a try.

kperry

Post by kperry » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:56 pm

Thanks for the information, I have been looking at the possibility of NSTRA participation in the future. I have participated in NBHA back in the early 90's but moved away from the group and never got reconnected.