KS meaning in pedigree

magspa

KS meaning in pedigree

Post by magspa » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:40 pm

I have been looking at a lot of different kennels and their dogs pedigree's. I came across KS title but am not sire what it means. Its usually associated with the "versatile" GSP peds.. Is this from Germany? I have one GSP and have had one other, both from similar pedigrees. One consisting some of these: beir's evolution, big stick von handleburg, von shilos, Moesard dee jays, Jigs white smoke, Gertrudes blue brandi. The other consisting of lots of Uodibar dogs and some dixieland rusty. Both pretty similar, with the first being more concerned with running at times but a great hunter, especially in open pastures. I have been thinking of getting a dog from more NAVHDA lines like Hustler, Friedelsheim, etc...What could I expect from these different blood lines? Thanks

Vision

Re: KS meaning in pedigree

Post by Vision » Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:46 pm

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:13 pm

Your first two dogs were field trial lines from the names you through out. The KS title is from the Kleemann-Sieger test. The dog has to be invited to test. I believe it is always held in Germany with dogs from all over Europe and occasionally the US attending. It is within the German testing system. Most versatile lines have used imports in the past which could have had the KS title. The European dogs are somewhat split by the Rhine river. The German side with a lot of focus on hunting of mammals, blood tracking and water fowl . The other side more a focus on upland hunting.
Your average navhda type or grouse type gsp's may not run quite as big as a field trial line but still may not be a 50 yard dog. Walnut Hill, Sundance, Friedelsheim along with a lot of others are producing quality gundogs with a fair amount of run. The gsp probably has the largest gene pool of any hunting breed. You can get anything from a huge running AA field trial dog to a grouse and navhda dog to a pure Imported DK and everything in between. You have to do some studying with the gsp's to get what you want. One of my gsp's is FT blood and runs pretty big. My second is an outside breeding sired by Gamble's Sam Man from Walnut Hills. He is my avitar dog and was 6 months in the picture. He is turning into a calmer really nice gun dog.

cooper hill hunter

Post by cooper hill hunter » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:43 pm

Shorthair champion, the test is only for previous prize 1 dogs who also have a good conformation rating. These are the cream of the crop in the DK world.