Field trial brittany lines

Wa Chukar Hunter

Field trial brittany lines

Post by Wa Chukar Hunter » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:02 pm

What are the more highly regarded Brittany lines for field trialling - more interested in a big running brittany something that runs a true shooting dog race.

Gertie

Re: Field trial brittany lines

Post by Gertie » Fri Mar 18, 2016 6:23 pm

I'm by no means a Brittany expert, but I understand that kninebirddogs on this forum has some very nice field trial Britts. Here is a link to her website: http://www.kninebirddog.com

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:45 pm

Chukar 12 on this forum has 2 britts that are National Amature All Age Champs. One of his 2 dogs also has a 3rd in the National All Age Open Championship. Joe and his dogs are in California. Pups his males have sired are placing in trials on the west coast.

oldbeek

Post by oldbeek » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:44 pm

Joe and Arlett both have great dogs. I would love to compete against both with my dog that came from the Peter Gun line and Tequila joker line. Google both of them.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:28 pm

oldbeek wrote:Joe and Arlett both have great dogs. I would love to compete against both with my dog that came from the Peter Gun line and Tequila joker line. Google both of them.
Joe's dogs are as good as it gets in the trial world. Arlette has done well in NSTRA which is a little closer to hunting on foot. I like the Tequilla limes, also Jerry McGee's Bourbon dogs , and the old beans Blaze dogs still perform pretty well though Beans Blaze is well back in most pedigrees by now.

Wa Chukar Hunter

Post by Wa Chukar Hunter » Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:47 am

I saw some of Ed's dogs at the trials here in TX/OK - loved some of them - liked the way they were more forward.

Thanks

jaybird02

Post by jaybird02 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:11 am

Jim House has some nice FT Brittany's. A lot of Beans Blaze in them.

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:58 am

Check out Leslie Andreas and Kinwashkly Kennel out of Maple Creek, SK.

Wa Chukar Hunter

Post by Wa Chukar Hunter » Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:04 pm

Did not know Jim was still breeding dogs. I judged some and competed against his dogs back in the day when I still lived in Washington.

jaybird02

Post by jaybird02 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:35 pm

My male is from Jim and you might be right I don't know if he's still breeding. Sure wish he was cause I would love to get another one from him.

Pedro

Post by Pedro » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:16 pm

Jim john kennels. Scott Johnson (covey rise or find?). Ed tillson. Chad Holman. Tommy Tracy. All are Brittany pros that usually have or know of all age bred pups.

Many, if not most of these guys breedings never make it to the "public", so you need to contact them.

jaybird02

Post by jaybird02 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:59 pm

Another good one on the West Coast is Jason Staley. He has some nice dogs with a lot of Beans Blaze in his breedings.

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:20 pm

Most of breeding is also what the owners work on
K Nine's on the loose has done good in all age to Blew By Yet? Ory's Doc Holliday all with FC titles
Joe is Blessed with Running and training his dogs' in Chukar Country which has worked extremely well for him and his dogs
Sonny's Brother runs in NSTRA and does well there. .
Biggest thing that makes a trial dog is the dogs that have a high drive ¢ desire for birds. Without that doesn't matter what the pedigree looks like no desire no drive = no birddog

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:22 am

Hard to argue that one of the most successful line of Brittanys the last few years have been Booker T bred Brittanys. I don't know of any other line with the production of Booker dogs the last couple years. Booker offspring have either won, or finished RU in 5 of the last 6 NFC's. He's had offspring that have placed in 6 of the last 7 NFC/NAFC's, and last year Booker dogs finished 1st AND 3rd in the NFC. A Booker dog also took 4th in the AKC NGDC at Ames a few years ago against 110+ all breed dogs. Booker dogs are also currently #2 and #3 in Purina All Age standings. Pretty impressive resume to say the least.

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:08 pm

jetjockey wrote:Hard to argue that one of the most successful line of Brittanys the last few years have been Booker T bred Brittanys. I don't know of any other line with the production of Booker dogs the last couple years. Booker offspring have either won, or finished RU in 5 of the last 6 NFC's. He's had offspring that have placed in 6 of the last 7 NFC/NAFC's, and last year Booker dogs finished 1st AND 3rd in the NFC. A Booker dog also took 4th in the AKC NGDC at Ames a few years ago against 110+ all breed dogs. Booker dogs are also currently #2 and #3 in Purina All Age standings. Pretty impressive resume to say the least.
Just curious, where are Booker T Brittanys from? I can't find anything on the internet.

Wa Chukar Hunter

Post by Wa Chukar Hunter » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:49 pm

Ortho Acres Booker T - what I found

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:49 pm

Wa Chukar Hunter wrote:Ortho Acres Booker T - what I found
OK. That's the name of the stud dog which I'm assuming is no longer living. But I find nothing of his offspring and who may be breeding any of the offspring. For a dog to have a resume like that, I'm amazed I've never heard of the dog nor seen him listed in any pedigrees. Oh well, learn something new every day.

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:52 pm

They only have semen left. Not sure who they are allowing to breed to him. Tom Tracy is running most of the Booker Dogs, and one of his clients, David Webb, owned Booker. Mr Webb is also the owner of Glade Run Press, who is the publisher for several bird dog training books. Glade Run Irish is a Booker Dog, and after the International last week, should be the #1 Brit in the country in the Purina standings.

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:57 pm

Dakotazeb wrote:
Wa Chukar Hunter wrote:Ortho Acres Booker T - what I found
OK. That's the name of the stud dog which I'm assuming is no longer living. But I find nothing of his offspring and who may be breeding any of the offspring. For a dog to have a resume like that, I'm amazed I've never heard of the dog nor seen him listed in any pedigrees. Oh well, learn something new every day.

Uncle Kracker is a direct Booker Dog. So was Early Times, Cedar Valley Bandit, and Glade Run Irish. Booker had 5 direct offspring who qualified for the Open AA Nationals last year.

http://clubs.akc.org/brit/2015/ABCNatio ... ogInfo.pdf