Gun Dog Forum Puppy week by week video idea?

DPC874

Gun Dog Forum Puppy week by week video idea?

Post by DPC874 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:59 pm

A buddy of mine suggested I should start making a week by week video series that I could film the progression of my 8 week old lab. I pick him up in less than 24 hours. And I think I could make a series of videos that arnt to long that shows what to expect when your bring the dog home, problems I might be facing at 10 weeks old, how to videos using advice given off this forum. Since I am partially a newbie when it comes to raising a pup and far from a pro trainer I could provide tips and advice that I learned from this forum and also could shed light on what I learn through the pup. It could kind of be like a Gun Dog Forum Pup. A week by week glance at the puppy and information and results that were all learned from this site. I think Mossberg did this with DT Systems and named the dog "V.T.". They are really good YouTube videos. I doubt mine will be as professional but as a new hunting puppy owner or future puppy owner I would have appreciated these videos knowing what to expect and seeing a first hand look of how to's. Please give me your feedback on this idea. I will try to use a combination of people on here's advice that I've learned and also tips you have given me. Plus I get most most of my supplies at gun dog supply anyways so I'm sure they wouldn't mind some advertising on my videos. Leave your thoughts, ideas, how to better this or even you hate it comments below.

TheIndian

Re: Gun Dog Forum Puppy week by week video idea?

Post by TheIndian » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:54 pm

Enjoy your new pup man.

skyehunter

Re: Gun Dog Forum Puppy week by week video idea?

Post by skyehunter » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:36 pm

I can tell you from experience you will be glad you did. I have done similar to what you are mentioning ( http://www.jamiebrooks.com/StoriesVideos.html ) but have emphasized more on the big events or times of my pup's lives over the years... My most recent GSP I broke it down even more, especially her early age...I frequently go back and watch them and they never get old, at least for me they don't. Congrats on the pup, and remember to enjoy.