K-9 Condo Anyone have one?

CCBIRDDOGMAN

K-9 Condo Anyone have one?

Post by CCBIRDDOGMAN » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:08 am

Looking to upgrade all 6 of my dog houses this summer, already have the barrels and thinking about the K-9 Condo kits. If I buy 5 I get the 6th one free. They look like they will hold up well but I have never known anyone to have one to give me a real world review. I'm in East Tx, so it doesn't get real cold very often so I think they would be a good fit for me. I have French Brittany's and a 40lb Elhew EP. http://www.k-9kondo.com/k-9-kondo-dog-h ... -shipping/

MNTonester

Re: K-9 Condo Anyone have one?

Post by MNTonester » Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:28 am

I once owned one. bought it for a rescue dog that refused to go in it. He also shredded the cheap foil insulation. However, I found the thing to be well thought out and sturdy (other than the insulation thing). This was many years ago so maybe they've upgraded a bit; and it was an adult dog I was dealing with, so I can't blame the dog house. I think it would provide very good shelter to a dog that gets used to the idea of the thing being his home. I eventually sold it.

CCBIRDDOGMAN

Post by CCBIRDDOGMAN » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:36 am

MNTonester wrote:I once owned one. bought it for a rescue dog that refused to go in it. He also shredded the cheap foil insulation. However, I found the thing to be well thought out and sturdy (other than the insulation thing). This was many years ago so maybe they've upgraded a bit; and it was an adult dog I was dealing with, so I can't blame the dog house. I think it would provide very good shelter to a dog that gets used to the idea of the thing being his home. I eventually sold it.

I think you may be talking about the Dog Den. The K-9 Kondo is a kit for a barrel. Nobody on here has one?

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:38 am

CCBIRDDOGMAN wrote:
MNTonester wrote:I once owned one. bought it for a rescue dog that refused to go in it. He also shredded the cheap foil insulation. However, I found the thing to be well thought out and sturdy (other than the insulation thing). This was many years ago so maybe they've upgraded a bit; and it was an adult dog I was dealing with, so I can't blame the dog house. I think it would provide very good shelter to a dog that gets used to the idea of the thing being his home. I eventually sold it.

I think you may be talking about the Dog Den. The K-9 Kondo is a kit for a barrel. Nobody on here has one?
I made mine out of PVC pipe.

rinker

Post by rinker » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:04 pm

I have the barrel kit and it works great. I did not end up going with the door. I read the instructions and it says that if you use the door then you need to cut a vent in the back of the barrel. It made no sense to me to have a door that seals tight, if it just necessitates cutting a vent. I think a plastic 55 gallon barrel is the best dog house there is and the leg kit makes it even better.

MNTonester

Post by MNTonester » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:53 pm

you may be talking about the Dog Den. The K-9 Kondo is a kit for a barrel
nope, it was a K9 condo. Blue plastic barrel that I cut one end off to install the insulation and flap door. cut a hole for the rainproof vent on the opposite end - unless they've drastically altered the design since I once owned one

CCBIRDDOGMAN

Post by CCBIRDDOGMAN » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:14 pm

MNTonester wrote:
you may be talking about the Dog Den. The K-9 Kondo is a kit for a barrel
nope, it was a K9 condo. Blue plastic barrel that I cut one end off to install the insulation and flap door. cut a hole for the rainproof vent on the opposite end - unless they've drastically altered the design since I once owned one
Oh, ok sorry. Didn't know they had insulation on the inside. I thought it was just galvanized metal. Thank you sir.

P&PGunsmith

Post by P&PGunsmith » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:41 pm

They work great, dogs love them. As advertised.