Dog Trailer

Russ2491

Dog Trailer

Post by Russ2491 » Tue May 03, 2016 12:11 pm

Hi im looking at either buying an enclosed 6x10 trailer and putting 6 kennels in it. I was going to order the trailer with 2 vents on each side of the trailer and the top vent. My question to you guys is do you think that will be adequate ventilation in the summer months. Or would the better option be to look for a dog trailer and go that route. My budget is 4500-5000. Thanks in advance for the input

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Re: Dog Trailer

Post by cjhills » Tue May 03, 2016 4:12 pm

Russ2491 wrote:Hi im looking at either buying an enclosed 6x10 trailer and putting 6 kennels in it. I was going to order the trailer with 2 vents on each side of the trailer and the top vent. My question to you guys is do you think that will be adequate ventilation in the summer months. Or would the better option be to look for a dog trailer and go that route. My budget is 4500-5000. Thanks in advance for the input
You can Work out some sort of a vent system that will be adequate with a 12 volt fan or two and probably have a smaller investment. Cargo trailers ride rough and Are dusty. I have a similar setup. I haul the dogs in the truck and gear in the trailer and just use the trailer for the dogs at night at my destination. I Heat it with a electric heater when it is cold......................Cj