Aggressive 2 Year Old Male

reba

Aggressive 2 Year Old Male

Post by reba » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:32 pm

How much aggressiveness will neutering take out of a two year GSP?

A friend has this dog and I need to give him the message before something terrible happens.

If he brings this dog around any for my other friends dogs it will get very ugly.

I just will not put my dogs on the ground with it.

Thank you.

mnaj_springer

Re: Aggressive 2 Year Old Male

Post by mnaj_springer » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:45 pm

I could be mistaken, but I thought I read a veterinarian article stating neuter does not affect aggression nearly as much as other factors such as genetics and environmental influences.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:06 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:I could be mistaken, but I thought I read a veterinarian article stating neuter does not affect aggression nearly as much as other factors such as genetics and environmental influences.
It MAY prevent it somewhat in a young dog but seldom if ever cures the behavior once it has been learned and in some cases it gets worse.

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:27 pm

reba wrote:How much aggressiveness will neutering take out of a two year GSP?
About two balls worth.
Mind you, the aggressiveness has nothing to do with balls.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:52 pm

mnaj_springer wrote:I could be mistaken, but I thought I read a veterinarian article stating neuter does not affect aggression nearly as much as other factors such as genetics and environmental influences.
X2

I rescue JRTs as they are a dog commonly sent to Animal Control facilities. I can tell you from my experience that neutering has little effect if any on aggressiveness. Genetics and their previous environment tells the story. I've had to put down more than one after giving them my best efforts . Too dangerous to be allowed to live.... with other dogs or people or both.
Don't take a chance with your dog reba .

PS Have had several success stories.

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:16 am

Your friend has a real problem with his dog. The fact that it is still intact has little to do with it. I know in the long run he would be better off parting ways with the dog and finding one from better breeding and with a better temperament. In the mean time I would keep my dog away and if he asks why I would be very blunt in explaining "why".

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:50 am

+3

My own view is, that a dog like that is genetically defective, should never be bred, and never let around other dog's. Many times is just a matter of time before that aggression is focused on people.

CDN_Cocker

Post by CDN_Cocker » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:17 am

Neutered or not that dog will still be aggressive. He needs training and behavior modification - not genital modification.

setterpoint

Post by setterpoint » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:01 pm

your frind needs pro.. help therare people out there that know how to deal with this nutering is not going to fix this