Brittany Breeder in Eastern Iowa area

Kube

Brittany Breeder in Eastern Iowa area

Post by Kube » Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:31 am

Hello forum,
I've had a shorthair for 9 years now who has been a family dog first that hunts pheasants and goes camping and fishing and everywhere else with us. We're considering another dog in about a year or so. We love our shorthair and might get another one, but I'd like to learn more about Brittany Spaniels since I've heard that they are great family dogs, plus my wife thinks they're cute. We live in a little river town right on the Mississippi near Davenport, IA. Can any of you suggest a breeder within an hour or two drive from us that we could visit to learn more about the breed and their lines? Thanks in advance.

Dakotazeb

Re: Brittany Breeder in Eastern Iowa area

Post by Dakotazeb » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:05 am

Check out Ben's Brittanys in LeRoy, MN. LeRoy is right on the Minnesota/Iowa border a little over 200 miles from you. I have no direct experience with Ben's but have heard and read good things about their dogs. Here's a link to their web site:

http://www.bensbrittanys.com/

Munster

Post by Munster » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:12 pm

Cant help with a Brit, but have you looked into a Small Munsterlander. They do upland, waterfowl and can track deer. Not to mention they are great house and family dogs. Plus, I am betting if you show your wife a picture she will see they are cute as heck!

DeLo727

Post by DeLo727 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:52 pm

I love all pointing dogs but I've been a huge Brittany fan my whole life. Than about 15 years ago I discovered the French Brittany and never looked back, don't overlook them.

Kube

Post by Kube » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:04 pm

I have been reading about the French Brittany today in my research. I just need to meet some dogs and breeders.

Munster

Post by Munster » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:15 pm

FOr French Brits contact Randy at the link below. I have trained with him and his dogs are very nice. He is an outstanding guy.

http://www.gundogbreeders.com/breeders- ... etons.html

DeLo727

Post by DeLo727 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 8:38 pm

Munster wrote:FOr French Brits contact Randy at the link below. I have trained with him and his dogs are very nice. He is an outstanding guy.

http://www.gundogbreeders.com/breeders- ... etons.html
Ive heard of Randy. Good Things. I use John Mooney out of L'Escarbot. If you want to talk to someone who is very tied into the French connection contact Bill Kelley, he is a french speaking gentleman who is good friends with some ranking members of the French club

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:50 pm

Contact the Minnesota Brittany Club and talk to Mary Tyson. she has nice dogs. Also the Brittany club has a booth at Game Fair the second and third weekends in August You can Search Mn Game Fair.com for Info.....................Cj

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:37 pm

cjhills wrote:Contact the Minnesota Brittany Club and talk to Mary Tyson. she has nice dogs. Also the Brittany club has a booth at Game Fair the second and third weekends in August You can Search Mn Game Fair.com for Info.....................Cj
Since you are asking about Iowa I would contact the Iowa Brittany Club. Bob Burchett, a well known and active Brittany guy is located at Argyle down in Lee County.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:11 pm

ezzy333 wrote:
cjhills wrote:Contact the Minnesota Brittany Club and talk to Mary Tyson. she has nice dogs. Also the Brittany club has a booth at Game Fair the second and third weekends in August You can Search Mn Game Fair.com for Info.....................Cj
Since you are asking about Iowa I would contact the Iowa Brittany Club. Bob Burchett, a well known and active Brittany guy is located at Argyle down in Lee County.
Iowa Is not far from Mn.........Cj

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:32 pm

Since you are asking about Iowa I would contact the Iowa Brittany Club. Bob Burchett, a well known and active Brittany guy is located at Argyle down in Lee County.[/quote]
Ezzy, Bob Burchett has moved to MO. I'd still contact the IA Brittany Club to talk to them. I'd talk to Bruce Heiter or Ken Windom--they are around Des Moines. Another couple you might want to talk to is Gene Salmons or Tommy Thomas (both in IL). Good luck in your puppy search :D

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:24 am

There is a litter in Urbanan, Iowa. Posted on Facebook under American Brittanys For Sale.

phezhead

Post by phezhead » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:57 pm

6R upland kennels has britts on the ground now. He has a facebook page with pics. of the puppy's. He's in Grinnel[

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:24 pm

Thought 6R was a shorthair breeder

phezhead

Post by phezhead » Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:14 pm

He also has britts.