Pointer male needed

Francois P vd Walt

Pointer male needed

Post by Francois P vd Walt » Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:24 pm

Hey guys we need help in South Africa pointer male needed for breeding to compliment or improve our dogs we have imported a guard rail male he did good but now we need another. We mostly hunt on foot and do not need run offs we need a even tempered game finder with good nose you guys know all the bloodlines and what works.
Any idea were to start looking?

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: Pointer male needed

Post by shags » Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:47 pm

Contact Ross Callaway at www.thefieldtrialer.com

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:41 pm

Pointers? Blasphemy!
Thought you were a shorthair guy.

Francois P vd Walt

Post by Francois P vd Walt » Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:50 am

Greg I am that indeed but also I see a friend in need!
Since we got Wildrose Gsp's Charlie Rose and from Fritz Brenda Roe the standard of the GSP's has just improved so so much the pointers are having a tough time to place on their own trials. I suggested to assist finding the right pointer this is why I am here..

You guys in the US have seen and done what we need to learn so why not ask for help on a public forum there are guys that will BS but I am sure there will be a genuine helping hand also.

reba

Post by reba » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:50 am

Francois,

What game are you hunting with your dogs?

Best wishes

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:24 am

Ya. He has a website. Remember a while back when he was importing a couple wild rose dogs and found it really interesting.

Francois P vd Walt

Post by Francois P vd Walt » Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:26 am

reba wrote:Francois,

What game are you hunting with your dogs?

Best wishes
We mosrty hunt partridges upland birds/ground birds with the pointers we hunt on foot no horses

codym

Post by codym » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:36 am

I would really look at the blackhawk line of dogs, very biddle, nice style, good nose, and tough dogs. Also the ones I've had and bred have been natural retrievers. Really good bird dogs. Anything black hawk/elhew katie lee is usually a proven cross, I'm not sure how much he was collected but great river ice produces some really nice gun dogs.

Francois P vd Walt

Post by Francois P vd Walt » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:15 am

codym wrote:I would really look at the blackhawk line of dogs, very biddle, nice style, good nose, and tough dogs. Also the ones I've had and bred have been natural retrievers. Really good bird dogs. Anything black hawk/elhew katie lee is usually a proven cross, I'm not sure how much he was collected but great river ice produces some really nice gun dogs.
This is my problem I would like to look at these lines but how?
I do not know where to start looking and where to look but on this forum I have done searches and sent emails still trying though.

codym

Post by codym » Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:15 pm

Francois P vd Walt wrote:
codym wrote:I would really look at the blackhawk line of dogs, very biddle, nice style, good nose, and tough dogs. Also the ones I've had and bred have been natural retrievers. Really good bird dogs. Anything black hawk/elhew katie lee is usually a proven cross, I'm not sure how much he was collected but great river ice produces some really nice gun dogs.
This is my problem I would like to look at these lines but how?
I do not know where to start looking and where to look but on this forum I have done searches and sent emails still trying though.
There's really no way to "see" these dogs unless you travel to some trials or go to some pro summer camps and watch them run dogs. There are of course pictures but it's really hard to see what these dogs do and what makes them great if your not on foot or a horse watching in person.

Pedro

Post by Pedro » Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:49 pm

Not the same as being there, but these guys do a great job on the National Championship video. Gives some flavor of what an all age pointer/setter does, and looks like, going and pointed.

http://pleasanthillproductions.com/