Country Side Breeders

AceofSpades41

Country Side Breeders

Post by AceofSpades41 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:27 pm

Does anyone have any prior experience with Country Side Breeders located in Denmark WI. They seem to be great folks that breeds both a family companion as well as a hunting dog.

Any feedback would be welcome.

Ace :?:

Casper

Post by Casper » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:38 pm

She used to post here and moderate some but havent heard from her in a long while.

ssjetset

Post by ssjetset » Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:03 am

I think they breed a little to much on the show side for a serious hunter, why not check out shooting starr's line or sandhills both in Wis and both with great reputations.

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:17 am

ssjetset wrote:I think they breed a little to much on the show side for a serious hunter, why not check out shooting starr's line or sandhills both in Wis and both with great reputations.
Have you looked at Patty's Ped's on her breeding dogs?? NAVHDA Titled dogs, FC's, AFC's, MH's, CH's, etc... and I notice some Shooting Starr stuff behind some of them....
Bruce Shaffer

"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten"
Mark Twain

Bruce, Raine, Storm and GSP's
Almost Heaven GSP's
"In Search of the Perfect GSP";)

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:46 am

From what I have seen Patty is not breeding trial dogs but is sticking with good looking hunting dogs. These should be great for the average hunter.

Ezzy
Last edited by ezzy333 on Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:53 am

Based on the Peds, references, I would agree that it appears that they raise a decent hunter/companion dog. What I was looking for was some that may have heard anything negative with regards to Countryside....I appreciate everyones feedback. I'm doing my Due Dilligence and narrowing my list of potential breeders. Thanks in advance

Ace :D

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:07 am

Don't spend your time just looking at Ped's. If at all possible, go see the parents doing their thing as well! That will tell you more than any piece of paper, the paper just makes the research easier.
Bruce Shaffer

Mark Twain

Almost Heaven GSP's

ssjetset

Post by ssjetset » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:08 am

I know of no negatives regarding her breedings, however why not go to shooting starr directly and get a pup from a benchmark line, it is a long term investment isn't it?

djswizz

Post by djswizz » Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:22 am

Does the 'ss' in ssjetset stand for Shooting Starr? It looks like that would be the case telling from your seemingly bias shooting starr posts!

The best option for you AceofSpades is to check out the parents in action SEVERAL times, as others have said. I'm not pro at picking but from past negative experiences, I would watch the 'rents work.. Not just once since all dogs have bad days and this may skew the decision.

I used to live in Green Bay about 4 years ago (after I grad. college) and Denmark was about 10 min from me. I wish I would've heard about her sooner because I could've got a pup from her when I was there! I think my dad is going to get his 5th GSP from her.

Greg Jennings
GDF Junkie

Post by Greg Jennings » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:15 pm

Go look at as many different kennels as practical.

I'd go look at sires and dams and, if possible, previous dogs from the specific breeding or a very similar one, and get a good, broad view of what is available.

I think that, within reason, price shouldn't carry a heavy weighting in the decision. We spend *so* much more on the dog during its lifetime that the up-front cost is in the noise.

I think a lot of people would also do well to look at started or finished dogs so that they'll have a *much* better idea of what they're getting.

Besides the dog itself, don't forget to consider the breeder, their policies, how much help that they'd be to you after your purchase. E.g., what if they were right around the corner and did field training all the time? Wouldn't that make a huge difference....

For what it's worth,

ssjetset

Post by ssjetset » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:16 pm

Been involved with GSP's for 30 years and the first time I heard of countryside was at a gas station in Belguim on my way up to my cabin, I asked a man with a gsp in his truck next to me where he got his dog from he told me countryside so I looked over her site and some of her pedigrees. Her dogs may make great pets and good hunters but my point is why not buy a proven established and coppied line of superior gsp's from the same state. So many kennels use shooting starr as foundation dogs including Thunderheads GSP's that advertises here why not set yourself up for almost gauranteed success instead of taking a chance?

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:21 pm

Cough. Cough. Man, it is really getting thick in here. Anybody else notice?

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:24 pm

Wagonmaster wrote:Cough. Cough. Man, it is really getting thick in here. Anybody else notice?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Bruce Shaffer

Mark Twain

Almost Heaven GSP's

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:52 pm

I've been there and never noticed the halo on any of their dogs and sure didn't see anything that had any kind of special recognition. Appears to me Shooting Star is a nice little family owned kennel much the same as Countryside. Only diference is about 150 miles and where you live. I wouldn't know there was a Shooting Star except one of my sons moved up near there.

Check them out along with Countryside and see what each has to offer. But don't let someone convince you that one is better than the other. They both have GSP's that appear to be well bred but I will quarantee none of them will have a halo.

Ezzy
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=144
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=207

It's not how many breaths you have taken but how many times it has been taken away!

Has anyone noticed common sense isn't very common anymore.

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:02 pm

If you want a first hand report on Countryside, send a pm to MNGSP . He has one, about 2 years old.

ssjetset

Post by ssjetset » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:34 pm

Wagonmaster and AHGSP, thanks guys, the only thing this old crippled lonely man has is coming to this public library to go on line and talk about dogs, I guess my opinion of a dog from my past is not wanted here,thanks for clearing more time in my day by taking this away from me to.

AHGSP
GDF Junkie

Post by AHGSP » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:40 pm

Not at all SS, your opinion is valued and the fact that you come here to talk dogs is the same reason we all come here. Dr. Ries (sp?) breeds some very, very nice GSP's that are extremely successful in NAVHDA and I believe, other venues as well, but he is not the only breeder of great dogs out there your way. Brag up the dog you have/had and love(d), but don't suggest that SS lines are the only ones out there proven that will fit one persons needs or that dogs from other reputable kennels are any less because they are not SS, or NAVHDA, or......

I recall you poorly bashing NSTRA dogs, their owners and NSTRA as somehow being inferior to say, AKC Horseback dogs.

There is a dog for everyone and they don't all come from the same kennel.

Just my thoughts, nothing more, nothing less.
Bruce Shaffer

Mark Twain

Almost Heaven GSP's

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:09 pm

ss, I am 57, have two replacement hips and a surgically rebuilt knee. i gotta pay my oldest kid's rent and keep the grandbabby in diapers cause my son is out of work. my youngest kid is autistic. but i am going to keep coming here for awhile despite what the rest of these guys think. and i think i am not going to tell em their dogs are terrible, come buy one of mine. for one thing, they would see right through that. they might respect my dogs a little more if i actually offered them something, like some advice they could learn from, or some mentoring, or some congratulations on how theirs did. on their terms not mine. then after awhile they might think, hey, that worked, that guy must have some good dogs, he is not giving me the hard sell. he may be old and wounded but he has not totally fallen off his horse yet.

just a thought i have been rolling around. i don't know, what do you think. is there a chance it might work for me?

Holden05

Post by Holden05 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:31 pm

Nobody said their dogs were terrible. Everybody's opinion is the only one here. So the guy loves SS dogs, in his mind that's the only way to go. We may disagree, but really what does is matter? Who cares what he says or what anyone else says for that matter. You guys cracking on opinions need to take a look in the mirror. Some of the most right opinions are all over this board. I'm know I'm never wrong (my wife would disagree). It's up to the buyer to do his/her homework to find the right dog, bottom line. That isn't necessarily something you can get from a message board. When you solicit opinions, you'll get them positive and negative. I think we all promote the lines we have had great experiences with and sometimes even say why another line isn't for us. I personally have a dog out of a line in Wisconsin. Great dog, best buddy, and it'll take some arm twisting to get me away from that line. You like what you know and you like what you've had success with.

Adam

Post by Adam » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:04 pm

Holden05 wrote:Nobody said their dogs were terrible. Everybody's opinion is the only one here. So the guy loves SS dogs, in his mind that's the only way to go. We may disagree, but really what does is matter? Who cares what he says or what anyone else says for that matter. You guys cracking on opinions need to take a look in the mirror. Some of the most right opinions are all over this board. I'm know I'm never wrong (my wife would disagree). It's up to the buyer to do his/her homework to find the right dog, bottom line. That isn't necessarily something you can get from a message board. When you solicit opinions, you'll get them positive and negative. I think we all promote the lines we have had great experiences with and sometimes even say why another line isn't for us. I personally have a dog out of a line in Wisconsin. Great dog, best buddy, and it'll take some arm twisting to get me away from that line. You like what you know and you like what you've had success with.
You're right everybody has opinions but he asked about countryside breeders not Shooting stars so answer the question he asked if you want to try and sell a line start another thread about that line

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:14 pm

I think everyone is trying to politely suggest that if there is some kind of kennel war going on in WI, that the rest of us would like to be left out of it. I personally would not buy a dog from either kennel, they are not my type of dog. But they might be someone else's type of dog, so why not just inform? Answer the fella's question about Countryside and leave it at that.

Holden05

Post by Holden05 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:31 pm

Good point, but I'm sure there's never been mention of another line in other threads here. I'm sure he works for that kennel and is just trying to peddle their dogs... right. He said his opinion and offered an alternative. Didn't know ya couldn't do that.

Holden05

Post by Holden05 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:33 pm

I hope there isn't a kennel war going on in Wisconsin. :lol: :twisted: My dog isn't out of either of these two kennels and I don't know much about them, hence my not posting an opinion. The lines look good to me. I'd wanna see them hunt though.

Will

Post by Will » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:48 pm

I had limited contact with Patty from Country Side Breeers. I took her for a very knowledgeable breeder with lots of great insight and help to offer. My opinion is she deserves a visit to see if they can provide you with what you're looking for. Ask her to take the dogs to the field, etc. The only thing that kept me from visiting and seeing more is that she requires that the dogs she sells be kept in the house. I have no problem with that, it just doesn't fit our household right now as we have an alpha female rottie who thinks she "owns" the place. :D

markj
GDF Junkie

Post by markj » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:50 am

She sure puts a lot of effort and work into her dogs. Very committed to them.
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=1103
http://www.perfectpedigrees.com/4genview.php?id=5210
"If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go
where they went."
Will Rogers, 1897-1935

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:20 am

For the record, I think this statement is what got everyone twisted:
ssjetset wrote:Her dogs may make great pets and good hunters but my point is why not buy a proven established and coppied line of superior gsp's from the same state.
As I read it, that statement implies that CSB's dogs are not proven and are inferior. There's nothing wrong with stating an opinion and telling people what you like, but when it results in a direct bash of someone else's line, it's an insult. Wagonmaster and AHGSP tried to politely and indirectly call that statement out and were met with dripping sarcasm. It seems that things may be on the verge of blowing over, so let's just hope that happens.

Let's not forget that this is supposed to be a friendly forum within all the givings of opinions.

I remember the days when I was a kid, learning such good lessons as "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." It seems such lessons of tact are lost at the internet login screen sometimes.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

MNGSP

Post by MNGSP » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:52 am

My take on Countryside:

Patty is one of the most honest people I know. She is very open about her breeding program and will not sell you a dog that does not fit your needs. I was new to the breed when I began looking and she not only answered my basic questions, but explained to me her breeding program and why she does it the way she does. I told her what I was looking for in a dog, and she explained which of her upcoming breedings would best fit my needs and why. She will NOT sell you a dog if she doesn't feel her line will fit your needs. You will be getting what you asked for.
Personally, I liked the requirements she had regarding the dogs she sold. It told me that she truly cared about the dogs she was selling. Heck, she'll even take the dogs back, no questions asked, if you cannot care for them. She loves the breed and strives to ensure that each of her breedings betters the future of the breed. I think she has done a great job finding pairs of dogs whose features blend together to create well-mannered, intelligent, hard-driving companions.

Her dogs are just as she describes ~ Intelligent, hard-driving, breed conforming, and posess all of the Natural abilities you would look for in a hunting dog.

Holly is my first dog I trained and it has been a pleasure doing so. I took Holly through the NAVHDA training classes, and worked with a personal trainer for birdwork. (Just as much for my own learning as Holly's).
What I found was an intelligent dog that was quick to learn and didn't forget it. I entered Holly in her first and my first NAVHDA NA test last fall and she earned a Prize 1 -106 points. My trainer (and longtime NAVHDA judge) has encouraged me to put her through the UT-test as well, as she feels Holly will excel there as well. Patty's dogs will walk the walk in the field. They will also curl up in your lap at the end of the day.

Her dogs will consistently find birds, hold them in place, and retrieve them to hand. You'll leave each field feeling like you know that no birds were missed. Does it take work to get to this point? Yes; as it does with any other dog. But she her dogs are bred with the inherent abilities to do so.

Will her dogs win you a horseback field trial? Probably not, but that's not what her program is about.

All I can tell you is that you are getting exactly what you are asking for.

Feel free to ask me any specific questions you have.

Have a great day everyone.

Jon

wannabe

Post by wannabe » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:25 pm

AceofSpades41 wrote:Based on the Peds, references, I would agree that it appears that they raise a decent hunter/companion dog. What I was looking for was some that may have heard anything negative with regards to Countryside....I appreciate everyones feedback. I'm doing my Due Dilligence and narrowing my list of potential breeders. Thanks in advance

Ace :D
Ask them how many WILD birds they shot over their brood stock in the last 5 years.
Soggy Bottom Kennels
Home of:
Soggy Bottom's Dapper Dan
Belly Acres Whinehard
Soggy Bottom's Juicy Butte
Soggy Bottom's Bonafide
Soggy Bottom's Col. Angus

Will

Post by Will » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:49 pm

Jon,

Well said!!! Thanks for the "to the point" reply to the question asked. I concur that Patty's program is that of a quality breeder. Anybody can pump out the pups and sell em, but its the quality breeders who strive to improve and provide us with what we ask for, whether it be a trial dog, show dog, or "good ole birddog".

Will

Dave Quindt

Post by Dave Quindt » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:57 pm

wannabe wrote:
Ask them how many WILD birds they shot over their brood stock in the last 5 years.
Please explain how shooting birds over brood stock makes them better? Does it change the DNA they pass to their pups.

Just curious,
Dave

Adam

Post by Adam » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:10 pm

Dave Quindt wrote:wannabe wrote:
Please explain how shooting birds over brood stock makes them better? Does it change the DNA they pass to their pups.

Just curious,
Dave
I was wondering the same thing

wannabe

Post by wannabe » Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:31 pm

Dave Quindt wrote:wannabe wrote:

Just curious,
Dave
IMHO, a breeder of hunting dogs should evaluate the dogs hunting abilities before they are bred. What better way to do this than to take them hunting? I don't mean a few hours every weekend either. Test scores and trial placements are great, but if I am looking for a dog, I want to know whether his parents have been hunted on WILD birds!
Soggy Bottom Kennels
Home of:
Belly Acres Whinehard
Soggy Bottom's Bonafide

volraider

Post by volraider » Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:30 pm

deleted

Gdogger

Post by Gdogger » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:24 pm

I'd like to echo what MNGSP said about Country Side. I have a year old pup from her and couldn't be happier with him. Patty is incredibly honest and if you went to visit her dogs, you would be able to tell if her program can offer a dog that would suite your needs. She doesn't breed big running trial dogs. However, I think she breeds great hunting dogs with incredible dispositions. My dog is always trying to please, he is eager to learn, and hunts for me. I've shot more birds this year than in the last 10 years combined and couldn't be happier.

As a breeder, Patty is always willing to help and truly cares about the dogs she breeds. I'm an average hunter and still new to the dog world, but I would strongly recommend that anyone interested at least pay her a visit and ask her some questions.

wannabe

Post by wannabe » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:02 am

Gdogger wrote: I've shot more birds this year than in the last 10 years combined and couldn't be happier.
What kind of dog were you hunting with before?
Soggy Bottom Kennels
Home of:
Belly Acres Whinehard
Soggy Bottom's Bonafide

MNGSP

Post by MNGSP » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:16 am

[/quote]What kind of dog were you hunting with before?[/quote]

What does this have to do with the original question asked?

Instead of attacking the posts made by others, it would be more constructive, and frankly more appreciated, if you would stick to answering the questions at hand.

Nobody here is saying that Countryside is the end all be all of GSP breeders. Those of us with dogs from there are simply voicing our opinions on her breeding program and the abilities of our dogs. This post isn't titled "What breeder in WI do you reccommend." If you don't have anything to add specifically regarding Countryside, I ask that you please keep your comments to yourself. Thank you.

Jon

Gdogger

Post by Gdogger » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:17 am

Family Labs...

:D

whiteruger

Post by whiteruger » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:31 am

Wagonmaster, off the subject here but I read that you have had hip replacement? Can you still ride horses?? I am looking at HP in the near future but have been told I would not be able to ride anymore? That's why I have been holding off. I am not ready to give that part of my life up yet, it sucks as it is to get old & have so many aches & pains :lol:

wannabe

Post by wannabe » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:24 pm

Gdogger wrote:Family Labs...

You will never be without a GSP again. :wink:

BTW, I have heard from reliable sources that the pheasant hunting in Wisconsin was outstanding compared to recent years. A lot of the guys that I talked to skipped their usual Iowa hunting trips and hunted around home.

Jon,

Do you really want to hear my comments regarding your dogs breeder???

Ace,

When researching a breeder, ask them how many years they have owned and hunted the breed, and how many years they have been breeding them. You can also ask them what qualities they look for and which lines they prefer and why.
Soggy Bottom Kennels
Home of:
Belly Acres Whinehard
Soggy Bottom's Bonafide

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:59 pm

BTW, I have heard from reliable sources that the pheasant hunting in Wisconsin was outstanding compared to recent years. A lot of the guys that I talked to skipped their usual Iowa hunting trips and hunted around home.
If someone skipped Iowa to hunt WILD pheasants in WI, their Iowa land must not have been that good. The wild pheasant population is rising in some parts of the state (SE WI), but not even close to Iowa. I could see canceling a trip so you could grouse hunt...but pheasants...no way JMO!:)

This is a topic for another thread.

Adam

Post by Adam » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:18 pm

wannabe wrote:
Gdogger wrote:Family Labs...

You will never be without a GSP again. :wink:

Jon,

Ace,

When researching a breeder, ask them how many years they have owned and hunted the breed, and how many years they have been breeding them. You can also ask them what qualities they look for and which lines they prefer and why.

Jon might not want to here but the person that started this post might

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:26 pm

Thanks folks for the feedback, after working the stock boards for years this is actually a pretty tame forum. I do appreciate the feedback from all, the good, bad, and promote my kennel (lol). After doing my due dilligence I've made a decision and I will have a new family member the 2nd week of may.

By the way Adam Jon is very familiar with country side breeders he owns a dog out of there and if I remember correctly it earned a 106 out of 112 Prize I which is a very promising start.

The important thing for me was finding both a companion who will teach and compliment me or my daughter in the field and be me and my families best friend at home.

Thanks
Ace

Adam

Post by Adam » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:31 pm

AceofSpades41 wrote:Thanks folks for the feedback, after working the stock boards for years this is actually a pretty tame forum. I do appreciate the feedback from all, the good, bad, and promote my kennel (lol). After doing my due dilligence I've made a decision and I will have a new family member the 2nd week of may.

By the way Adam Jon is very familiar with country side breeders he owns a dog out of there and if I remember correctly it earned a 106 out of 112 Prize I which is a very promising start.

The important thing for me was finding both a companion who will teach and compliment me or my daughter in the field and be me and my families best friend at home.

Thanks
Ace
Ace I know that and thats why I'm pretty sure he doesn't care what wannabe has to say about the kennel but i figured you might want to hear wht he had to say bad or good

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:36 pm

Adam

NP :D just wish the bashers or as the name implied wannabe would persue other venues....lol . Its amazing though how much one addition, can mean to your family as a whole.

Thanks
Ace

Wagonmaster
GDF Junkie

Post by Wagonmaster » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:00 pm

Wagonmaster, off the subject here but I read that you have had hip replacement? Can you still ride horses?? I am looking at HP in the near future but have been told I would not be able to ride anymore? That's why I have been holding off. I am not ready to give that part of my life up yet, it sucks as it is to get old & have so many aches & pains
I have two. I had bad hips, got involved with a brown up in AK, won the race to get outta there, but got new hips out of it. My physician said I could do pretty much anything I want. Just don't come complain to him if I screw the hips up.

I have not had any trouble riding, it is the getting up part that is still an issue. And of course the landing. I have done ok on the landing so far.

MNGSP

Post by MNGSP » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:03 pm

wannabe wrote: Jon,

Since that is the question at hand; yes.

It would have been a lot easier to start there.

Jon

ssjetset

Post by ssjetset » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:42 pm

wannabee, please tell him, if I do it they will think I only recognize one kennel,shooting starr but as far as I'm concerned there are at least a dozen better choices in Wis and Northern Ill. Buy what you want, kind of like driving a mini van when you could drive a vette.

MNGSP

Post by MNGSP » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:57 pm

Buy what you want, kind of like driving a mini van when you could drive a vette.
Hey, just the kind of analogy I was looking for.

Why buy a Corvette when you can't use all of that power for what it was designed for? Where does the Corvette shine? On the race track. Is it "cool" to have or fun on the street? Sure. But it's not being used for what it was designed for.

On the other hand you have the Minivan. Nothing too special there. Just a practical vehicle to be used on the street. It does just what you are asking it to do. It gets you from point A to point B.

It doesn't make sense to buy something that won't get used to it's full potential. For the foot hunter, Countryside's dogs fit the bill.

Jon

PntrRookie
GDF Junkie

Post by PntrRookie » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:37 pm

but as far as I'm concerned there are at least a dozen better choices in Wis and Northern Ill
I would expect that if you could list a dozen GSP kennels (not just individuals breeding GSPs) in this area that you feel are better choices, most of them would have similar if not some of the same dogs in their breeding program as Countryside. Countrysides pedigrees include FC CH KJ's Hightailing Saddle, Shooting Starr's Top Gun, many Vom Pottsiepen's, many CH. Serakraut's, a very nice Krystal Creek stud - Rock, DC/AFC Stradivarias Baroque, Hawkeye's OO Buck, etc. These dogs/lines are very popular in the area you are describing. So yes, she has nice dogs with a nice breeding program. Each kennel is not always a perfect fit for each person. Just like there is a need for a Mini Van and a Vette . If not, we would not have choices.

Casper

Post by Casper » Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:10 pm

MNGSP wrote:
Buy what you want, kind of like driving a mini van when you could drive a vette.
Hey, just the kind of analogy I was looking for.

Why buy a Corvette when you can't use all of that power for what it was designed for? Where does the Corvette shine? On the race track. Is it "cool" to have or fun on the street? Sure. But it's not being used for what it was designed for.

On the other hand you have the Minivan. Nothing too special there. Just a practical vehicle to be used on the street. It does just what you are asking it to do. It gets you from point A to point B.

It doesn't make sense to buy something that won't get used to it's full potential. For the foot hunter, Countryside's dogs fit the bill.

Jon
I always heard that men that drive a vette are tryign to compenate for the lack there of :wink: :wink:

I am sure Patty has some very nice dogs. If she is easy to talk to and answers any and all questions you have and she has available pups that strike your fancy than that is all that matters.

FWIW