New Pup

oregon woodsmoke

New Pup

Post by oregon woodsmoke » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:10 pm

pensive 8 weeks behind.jpg
This is my new family member.

I know, she looks like a hound, but there is nothing hound-like in her behavior. She is calm and people oriented, eager to please.

I was thinking that she didn't use her nose very well, but finally figured out I just wasn't reading her correctly. The breed air scents and it looks very different, but she isn't missing much even though her nose rarely goes to the ground.

Her litter sister was pointing the wing and doing the famous Bracco trot, but this one was sitting back and watching. So, time will tell whether or not she will be a bird dog. She's already a heck of a good house dog and she has plenty of time to grow into her genes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: New Pup

Post by Sharon » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:54 pm

She got big feet to fill. I've ever seen a Bracco Italiano work; many speak well of them as a versatile dog. Enjoy.

http://fineartamerica.com/featured/brac ... keith.html

edited : for punctuation - an old teacher
Last edited by Sharon on Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MonsterDad

Post by MonsterDad » Thu Sep 15, 2016 4:57 am

Bracco's are very sweet, calm and docile.

Schatzman

New Pup

Post by Schatzman » Thu Sep 15, 2016 12:33 pm

oregon woodsmoke wrote:
pensive 8 weeks behind.jpg
This is my new family member.

I know, she looks like a hound, but there is nothing hound-like in her behavior. She is calm and people oriented, eager to please.

I was thinking that she didn't use her nose very well, but finally figured out I just wasn't reading her correctly. The breed air scents and it looks very different, but she isn't missing much even though her nose rarely goes to the ground.

Her litter sister was pointing the wing and doing the famous Bracco trot, but this one was sitting back and watching. So, time will tell whether or not she will be a bird dog. She's already a heck of a good house dog and she has plenty of time to grow into her genes.
I'm picking mine up on October 7th. I am a train wreck full of excitement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:08 am

Pups sure are cute. Makes everyone want one. That definitely is a set of feet to grow into.

MNTonester

Post by MNTonester » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:55 am

I'm envious. I think you can be confident she'll fulfill your expectations

Urban_Redneck

Post by Urban_Redneck » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:06 pm

She's a beauty!

Best of luck to you both.

oregon woodsmoke

Post by oregon woodsmoke » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:29 pm

greg jacobs wrote:......... That definitely is a set of feet to grow into.
She is certainly doing her best to grow into those feet. The amount she eats is scary and I can't keep her ribs covered. Every ounce of food goes straight into growth.

And she is strong. She is a couple of inches shorter than the Australian Shepherd and easily 4 inches shorter in body length, but she tows him around with ease. He's scrabbling for footing and pulling back as hard as he can and she just backs up like he is nothing. Puppy tractor pull. He's a tough fit dog; it's not like she is pulling around a soft couch potato. She has a lot of muscle.