Potty training dogs?

Moonshine Ike

Potty training dogs?

Post by Moonshine Ike » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:56 am

I know, sounds silly. But, wouldn't it be great if a kenneled dog defecated in the same spot everyday?

Or, is this possible, much like a kitty litter box? Would make kennel clean up a whole lot easier!

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Re: Potty training dogs?

Post by ezzy333 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:06 am

Many do.

Moonshine Ike

Post by Moonshine Ike » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:46 am

could a dog be trained or lured to use one spot? maybe put a sandbox in corner of kennel?

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:31 pm

I would never train my dog to go in the home, litter box, sand, or toilet! And especially, I do not want them going in there kennel as this is against their basic instincts to not crap where they sleep. Course...That's just me... :mrgreen: I don't have cats either!

I have no doubt, you could train a dog to go anywhere, as they are generally easier to train than cats. e.g. ever see a cat do a blind retrieve? Our fetch multiple marks?

Anyway, I train my dogs to go in a place in our yard that is covered in pee gravel. That minimizes the smell and bug attraction as it can easily be picked up and or washed with a hose. I trained them as part of the 'house training routine'. When we took them out to go as pups they were on lead, we took them to this place EVERY TIME! Now as adults, all three go to that spot, smell around and then do their business.....works well for all concerned!