Tipping Trainer?

chuckanut

Tipping Trainer?

Post by chuckanut » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:34 pm

When you pick up your dog from the trainer do you tip or give a gift of some kind? If so, could you please share some examples? Thanks!

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Re: Tipping Trainer?

Post by cjhills » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:43 pm

There is Absolutely no Way in heck I would tip a trainer. If I took my dogs to a trainer..............Cj

ROTTnBRITT

Post by ROTTnBRITT » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:28 pm

I think it depends on the results you get from the trainer. If I had a bad experience, no, i would not.

The trainer I have used I views as a friend now. I get invited to work dogs whenever I can, and also to go north or south for training depending on the season. I even get messages asking how my dogs are doing. So I do take something on occasion when I visit to work dogs.

If there wasnt a friendly relationship with the trainer, then I probably wouldnt do anything extra.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:31 pm

Exactly . A trainer I used was a great friend ( still is). I found a setter picture I know he'd enjoy so bought it for him. Tips ($)I think would almost be an insult.

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:15 pm

I treated both trainers I've worked with and their helper to dinner when I went out to pick up my dogs and left a nice bottle of bourbon. This last time I brought out some elk steaks and a slab of salmon. Never heard of anyone giving a monetary "tip". I agree that it might be a bit insulting really.

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:29 pm

My trainers are man and wife! Both are really talented experienced Golden Retriever trainers! With my last girl she was with them off and on over a 12 month period, before she was totally finished. We became very good friends with them, and although they live a ways away, about an 8 hour drive, we talk with them frequently, see them at hunt tests, and do sent them something for Christmas every year.

The trainer I used before them who was much closer, was the same...but he retired before I purchased my most recent Golden....