What size Gunner Kennel?

desperado213

What size Gunner Kennel?

Post by desperado213 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:34 am

Hey everyone. I have seen a couple threads on kennel sizes but none talked about gunner kennels too much. I'll be getting a 8 week old male GSP mid December and have been shopping for a do it all kennel. I will use it in the house and whenever I travel. I was looking at Ruff Tough for a while but I like the gunner from a safety standpoint. I'm unsure if though of what size though. The sire is 77lbs and the dam is 55lbs of that helps at all.

The interior dimensions of the intermediate gunner kennel are:
W 18"
L 29.5"
H 25"

The interior of the intermidate ruff tough for comparison since a lot of people have it:
W 19.5" at widest point 17.5" floor
L 30" (29" floor)
H 22"

I just want some input from people with the intermediate gunner or ruff tough and what size their dog is. I fee like the large gunner kennel would be too big though. I think the intermediate will be a good size for travel but I am worried it will be too small for the house if my puppy gets to the 77lb size of the sire. I'm not sure how that works though, if the male usually gets to the same size of the sire or not?

Any help would be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tekoa

Re: What size Gunner Kennel?

Post by tekoa » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:06 pm

I have three intermediate and one large Ruff Tough Kennel(s). Setters are 55, 50 and 45 pounds, Chessie is 80 pounds.All have been very secure and comfortable traveling in these sizes. I use mud mountain crate covers for the Setter's kennels, 'cause they're wimps in wet weather, but the Chessie prefers the rain and snow ( and maximum ventilation, so no cover on her box.........

desperado213

What size Gunner Kennel?

Post by desperado213 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:35 pm

Well I stumbled on a killer deal on a large gunner kennel with pretty much every accessory so I picked it up. Seems well built and if I don't like it I can definitely get my money back on it.

Grommet

What size Gunner Kennel?

Post by Grommet » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:17 pm

I have an intermediate Gunner. It is fine for my 60 lb GSP. I think it would be fine for a dog up to 70

desperado213

What size Gunner Kennel?

Post by desperado213 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:05 pm

I think the intermediate would work and be. Enter for travel but since I'm using it in the house most of the time I feel the extra room of the large will be better. I just couldn't pass up the deal on the large. Who knows, I may end up with a intermediate down the road. I will say the large dimensions listed on the website are not real accurate. The interior floor length is about 34" but listed as "36 on the website.