Not just me

fishvik

Not just me

Post by fishvik » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:28 am

Went hunting the last weekend of sharptail season here with a friend of a friend from S. Cal. He had two beautiful, high energy GSPs. His two dogs and my two(GSP and GWP/Lab) were ranging and he wanted adjust one of his dogs ecollar, he yelled "Whoa" and all four dogs stopped in their tracks. I always thought my dogs only listened to me, at least that is the way it works when I hunt with my son. I was really amazed.

AAA Gundogs

Re: Not just me

Post by AAA Gundogs » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:06 pm

The above is one of the reasons why I teach dogs to "whoa" to their collar beep. It allows me to stop one and not all of them.

As for what you're describing, it could be the similarities between yours and your buddy's voice or it could be that they've been taking liberties with your boy.

fishvik

Post by fishvik » Mon Nov 07, 2016 5:08 pm

"As for what you're describing, it could be the similarities between yours and your buddy's voice or it could be that they've been taking liberties with your boy."

AAA, I think it is definitely the latter of the two.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:22 pm

fishvik wrote:"As for what you're describing, it could be the similarities between yours and your buddy's voice or it could be that they've been taking liberties with your boy."

AAA, I think it is definitely the latter of the two.
It not uncommon several of my dogs are more eager to perform commands for my kids but my wife and I get 100% obedience. My kids do not but you know it isn't a horrible thing.

Whenever my dogs come off the trial circuit, it isn't me that they're rolling around on the ground and licking.