August Rush

Dakotazeb

August Rush

Post by Dakotazeb » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:42 pm

I'm looking for some information on a Brittany by the name of August Rush. Anyone have any info for me?

deseeker

Re: August Rush

Post by deseeker » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:06 pm

You might try brittanydata.com ---it's a data base for britts. Good luck :D

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:14 pm

I've got his pedigree. I'd like info on the dog or owner. I'm looking at a dog that August Rush sired, that's why I'm asking. Thanks.

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:31 pm

Very few people know of him or have ever seen him run. He's the biggest running, most athletic Brittany many have ever seen. My Dad has a direct sister to him and she's one of the nicest pure bird dogs you will ever hunt over. Unless you go to the current owner or the previous trainer directly, you probably won't get much information about him.... His sire was a heck of a bird dog as well with many 1hr AA wins. He comes from the same line of dogs who have won 2 of the last 3 Purina AA DOY awards, this years ANFC, and the previous two years NFC.

Here's a picture of Augusts direct sister. She's incredible!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jetjockey on Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:44 pm

jetjockey wrote:Very few people know of him or have ever seen him run. He's the biggest running most athletic Brittany many have ever seen. My Dad has a direct sister to him and she's one of the nicest pure bird dogs you will ever hunt over.
I knew someone had told me this about him and it must have been you. Who's the owner and where does he live? Do you know?

So buying a pup sired by him would probably be a good move? He sure has one heck of pedigree. Bean's Blaze, Hi Proof Rum Runner, Scipio's Little Chick, Chubasco II, Shady's Chik-N-Little, Dakota Trucker, Ortho Acres Booker T and other FC dogs. The dam's side it just as impressive.

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:52 pm

He's in Idaho with Staley Kennels. Yes, you should have no reservations about buying a pup out of him. I'm concidering breeding my young pup to him.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:52 pm

That girl looks like she's got wheels. Looks like the line deserves a serious look.

bustingcover

Post by bustingcover » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:03 pm

How big is that bitch?

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:47 pm

bustingcover wrote:How big is that bitch?
35-36lbs

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:51 pm

greg jacobs wrote:That girl looks like she's got wheels. Looks like the line deserves a serious look.
I see your in Selah, that picture was taken in Ellensburg.

AAA Gundogs

Post by AAA Gundogs » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:49 pm

Dakotazeb wrote:I've got his pedigree. I'd like info on the dog or owner. I'm looking at a dog that August Rush sired, that's why I'm asking. Thanks.
Are you looking at the 5 month old female out of grace under fire by August rush?

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:51 am

jetjockey wrote:
greg jacobs wrote:That girl looks like she's got wheels. Looks like the line deserves a serious look.
I see your in Selah, that picture was taken in Ellensburg.
L.T. Murry, north of selah. You must know the area.

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:35 am

Yep! Went to school at CWU. Augusts line has either won, or been RU in either the ABC NFC or NAFC for 6 of the last 7 years, or pretty close to that.

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:33 pm

AAA Gundogs wrote:
Dakotazeb wrote:I've got his pedigree. I'd like info on the dog or owner. I'm looking at a dog that August Rush sired, that's why I'm asking. Thanks.
Are you looking at the 5 month old female out of grace under fire by August rush?
Yes. I have a deposit on that pup and plan to pick her up right after the first of the year.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:17 am

Nice to hear you will have a pup in the house soon. And sounds like it will be a good one.

ncpointers

Post by ncpointers » Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:31 pm

I'm glad you found a new dog. Hopefully fun times ahead for you and her!!!!

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:41 am

Here she is. Think I'm going to call er Bree.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:57 am

Here's the pedigree.

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:49 am

The 4th & 5th generation of the pedigree has some really out standing brittanys in it :D :D If you went back 2 more generations it would be loaded with Ban-Dee :D Good luck with the pup :!: :!:

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:23 am

deseeker wrote:The 4th & 5th generation of the pedigree has some really out standing brittanys in it :D :D If you went back 2 more generations it would be loaded with Ban-Dee :D Good luck with the pup :!: :!:
You can look at the pedigrees on Gun Dog Central. Yes, going back there is quite a bit of Ban-Dee, also more Bean's Blaze, Scipio, BBB and other NFC and HOF dogs. This pup has much of the same breeding as my last dog in it's background. No Nolan's Last Bullet, that it seems is in every Brittany bred today. Nothing wrong with having some of Buddy in the pedigree except the dogs seem to be on the smaller side. Personally I prefer a little larger Brittany.

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:20 am

deseeker wrote:The 4th & 5th generation of the pedigree has some really out standing brittanys in it :D :D If you went back 2 more generations it would be loaded with Ban-Dee :D Good luck with the pup :!: :!:
The second and third does as well. Earl was a beast, and Booker is arguably the best producing brit in recent history. Trucker was awesome as well, and produced incredibly nice dogs. The pedigree is loaded with top dogs from the front to
the back.

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:04 pm

jetjockey wrote:
The second and third does as well. Earl was a beast, and Booker is arguably the best producing brit in recent history. Trucker was awesome as well, and produced incredibly nice dogs. The pedigree is loaded with top dogs from the front to
the back.
When those dogs get elected to the Britt Hall of Fame---then I will say they were truly great dogs. That is just my opinion. I have nothing against the current dogs---I'm just a little more impressed when their name lasts for decades and not just for a couple of years. We'll see down the road if the current dogs are remembered in the future. Again just my opinion.

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:27 pm

deseeker wrote:
jetjockey wrote:
the back.
When those dogs get elected to the Britt Hall of Fame---then I will say they were truly great dogs. That is just my opinion. I have nothing against the current dogs---I'm just a little more impressed when their name lasts for decades and not just for a couple of years. We'll see down the road if the current dogs are remembered in the future. Again just my opinion.

Hate to tell you this, but many of the best dogs will never be in the HOF, and many of the dogs in the HOF will
never be the best producers. I'd like to know how many of those HOF dogs have produced multiple NFC's, RU NFC's, and multiple Dogs who have won the AA dog of the year awards? Probably very few.

Btw. One of the old time trainers who ran some of those old time dogs, took the female in the picture above for a summer refresher. His comment was "I sure wish i would of had one like her when I was still trialing. Not sure I've ever seen a brit like this"! That Gentlemen is in the HOF, and nobody will ever know that dogs name.

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:03 pm

jetjockey wrote: Hate to tell you this, but many of the best dogs will never be in the HOF, and many of the dogs in the HOF will
never be the best producers. I'd like to know how many of those HOF dogs have produced multiple NFC's, RU NFC's, and multiple Dogs who have won the AA dog of the year awards? Probably very few.

Btw. One of the old time trainers who ran some of those old time dogs, took the female in the picture above for a summer refresher. His comment was "I sure wish i would of had one like her when I was still trialing. Not sure I've ever seen a brit like this"! That Gentlemen is in the HOF, and nobody will ever know that dogs name.
What you say may be true but you can't ignore the great dogs that some of these HOF dogs produced or their gene pool produced in future generations. I think that all of us would rather have a dog with a pedigree filled with NFC's and HOF dogs than a dog with a pedigree that had none of these. With a great pedigree there is no guaranty that you are going to get a great pup. But you certainly increase your odds when the pedigree looks like the one above. At least that's my humble opinion.

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:47 pm

Completely agree, but it's the dogs 1-3 generations back that bring the most to the table. Besides, most of those top dogs from 5-6 generations back are in every decent Brittany pedigree out there. That's why a recent study showed that brittanys are becoming inbred. What sets this pup apart is the Booker- Earl-August line that has produced incredibly well. Throw in a sprinkle of Trucker and you should have a heck of a bird dog. Uncle Kracker, 2X NFC/1X RUNFC, 4th place ANFC, and Purina AA dog of the year, is exactly that. Of all those great dogs from the past, how many won Nationals twice? Better yet, how many won back to back, placed runner up, and should probably be the only 3x winner in breed history? None of them!!!! Your pup has an incredible pedigree, and it's not because of the dogs 4-5 generations back, because almost every Brittany out there has that.

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:52 pm

Jetjockey---that sprinkle of Trucker you are throwing in is a Bean's Blaze grandson(so that sprinkle comes from the past) :roll: . Towsey 3x NFC,, Ban-Dee 2X NFC, Perry's Rustic Prince 1x NFC & 1X nafc, Aux-Arc Mark has a 1st 2nd 3rd & 4th in nationals, Pontac Dingo 2X NFC, Just Call Me Roy has a NFC & a NAFC, Ru-Jem's Touch Of Bourbon has a NFC and a RU in the NAFC. There are quite a few dogs that have multiple national placements---most of the above dogs are dogs from the past & most of them are HOF Britts. The past dogs are what brings about the future dogs in the Brittany world. JMIO :D

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:59 pm

Not 5 generations back they don't. Besides, you seem to miss the point where nearly every decent brit has those dogs in there pedigree, yet not all those dogs are even close to the same.. why?

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:23 pm

jetjockey wrote:Not 5 generations back they don't. Besides, you seem to miss the point where nearly every decent brit has those dogs in there pedigree, yet not all those dogs are even close to the same.. why?
I don't see what you are trying to say-- Not 5 generations back(I don't know what you are talking about not being 5 generations back?explain please?) I agree a lot of the britts go back to the same dogs--the breed was brought overseas with a very SMALL number of britts to start with, So there was a lot of inbreeding because there were very few britts to begin with--so basicly they all come from the same dogs. I realize not all the dogs are even close. I also realize NOT every dog goes to a field trailer. Different dogs are trained to do different things. Dakota Zeb has a dog from really great lines & I'm sure he'll train Bree to do anything he wants it to do. I'm just saying that until the front of the pedigree is loaded with titles like the last half of the pedigree is---I'm not convinced the front half is a super pedigree. But Bree's pedigree overall is excellent & with Zeb's training, he'll turn her into any type of dog he wants her to be.. JMO :D

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:33 pm

I am not expert but I have read genetic related articles as well as books on the subject. From what the experts claim, by the time you get to 4th generation, those dogs have absolutely no influence on the dogs 4 generations away. They have an influence on the dogs directly under them.
Bree sure is a great looking pup. Jason has some great Brittanys! I've been tempted with a few of his myself!

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:20 pm

deseeker wrote:
jetjockey wrote:Not 5 generations back they don't. Besides, you seem to miss the point where nearly every decent brit has those dogs in there pedigree, yet not all those dogs are even close to the same.. why?
I don't see what you are trying to say-- Not 5 generations back(I don't know what you are talking about not being 5 generations back?explain please?) I agree a lot of the britts go back to the same dogs--the breed was brought overseas with a very SMALL number of britts to start with, So there was a lot of inbreeding because there were very few britts to begin with--so basicly they all come from the same dogs. I realize not all the dogs are even close. I also realize NOT every dog goes to a field trailer. Different dogs are trained to do different things. Dakota Zeb has a dog from really great lines & I'm sure he'll train Bree to do anything he wants it to do. I'm just saying that until the front of the pedigree is loaded with titles like the last half of the pedigree is---I'm not convinced the front half is a super pedigree. But Bree's pedigree overall is excellent & with Zeb's training, he'll turn her into any type of dog he wants her to be.. JMO :D
What I'm saying is nearly every dog out there has a few well known Brits in their pedigree a long ways back. That "sprinkle" is not from Beans Blaze, it's from Trucker! What you don't seem to understand is the front of that pedigree is probably the single most dominate line of Brits over the last 6-7 years in AA trials and at nationals, and all those dogs came directly from Booker-T. Booker produced much better than he was, and that's why 2 of the top 4 dogs in the recently completed Purina All Age dog of the year award were Booker dogs. I've seen August run, and he's probably one of the most physically gifted and athletic Brittanys there's ever been. He will never have the titles, but you don't breed to titles, you breed to dogs. His dad has the titles, and so does plenty of his uncles. Remember what I said before about Booker dogs winning 2 of the last 3 Purina AA DOY awards? Not only that, a Booker dog won the ANFC this year, took 1st and 3rd in the open in last year, and also won in 2014, took RU in 2013. 4 different Booker dogs have placed in either the NFC or ANFC every year except one, since 2009. In that time Booker dogs have won the Pheasant, the Quail, the US Open, and a bunch of other Championships. IMO, I'll take a dog from the front of the pedigree over the back of the pedigree all day long. Head out to the Chicken or Pheasant next year and you will get to see for yourself.

bustingcover

Post by bustingcover » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:25 am

Basically what jet is highlighting is the mistake so many sporting dog owners make which is looking too far back in their pedigree. 4 generations back is really all you need to look at. Because in 1 generation a line can be ruined and in 3 you can basically have another breed entirely.

In your case you have worked and titled dogs up front which is the best way to start. He's basically just saying pay more attention to the dogs up close when looking to the future. Those dogs beyond the 4th are nice much essentially meaningless at this point of time. A lot of people have great great great great grand sons of champions fewer have 5 title holders in the first 3 gens.

whatsnext

Post by whatsnext » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:27 pm

Jetjockey I think I will contact you before I get my next Britt, I need one or two more with some wheels!!

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:35 pm

I week from today I should have that pup in my possession. Can't wait. I plan to run her in NSTRA trials in the off season so in a couple of years I should really have a good idea of what I've got. If what jetjockey says is correct I should have a winner. :D

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:52 am

If Jetjockey said it, you can take it to the bank with confidence.

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:23 am

Carolina Gundogs wrote:If Jetjockey said it, you can take it to the bank with confidence.

Oh man, that's giving me WAY too much credit. My opinion probably isn't worth 2 cents. But I do like August and that line of dogs, and they have done well in trials. I bred my older female to that line and it seems to have produced some pretty nice bird dogs. I'd like to bred her directly to Booker but I can't talk myself into breeding her again at 8 1/2 yrs old. She's been too much fun to risk any complications, and I don't want her on the sideline of what will be her last trial season. I think I'll breed her daughter though, and it will most likely be to a dog with a touch of that line in them as well. Maybe it will produce some AA trial dogs, maybe it won't. But I'm pretty confident it will produce nice bird dogs at the very least.