BREEDING RIGHTS

Ateup

BREEDING RIGHTS

Post by Ateup » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Hello all and thanks in advance for any help given! I have googled my fingers off
Trying to find a generic printable breeding rights contract. If any of you have a link
Or a direction to look that would be great.
Thanks
BD

CDN_Cocker

Re: BREEDING RIGHTS

Post by CDN_Cocker » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:59 am

If your pups need to be sold on a non breeding contract you probably shouldn't be breeding the sire and dam. JMO.

Ateup

Post by Ateup » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:01 am

Cocker... You've misunderstood post .I'm looking for a contract that states I retain breeding right to a finished dog I've already sold. But thanks anyway :roll:

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:15 am

The show people use coownership as a way to control breeding. The breeder of my last pup negotiated for collecting semon but it was just added to the sales agreement. If both people don't willingly agree it probably won't work. To expensive to run it through court.

mountaindogs
GDF Junkie

Post by mountaindogs » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:06 am

I think most people vary so much in what they want to include that they end up just writing their own. I based one off my puppy contract but changed the parts that didn't fit. As Greg says, both parties are going to have to be on board to begin with and pretty amicable. But I like to have a contract as I think it helps people sit down and think about the future a bit. Dogs require some level of commitment and those who shun all types of written agreements make me a bit nervous on their willingness or lack there-of to look ahead. IMHO

Ateup

Post by Ateup » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:18 pm

Thank you for the responses. The buyer and I are on the same page no problems there. We have a coffee shop contract on paper handwritten LOL! But we both wanted something more official we will type one up after we get done with trip we're on in Texas. Just taking a shot that some one had come across a template that we could've printed at are motel.
Thanks to all that replied.

Brenttos

Post by Brenttos » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:41 pm

If you want to shoot me a PM I can send you what I have. The contracts are for my French Bulldogs but I can easily alter one in about 5 minutes for what your wanting to do.

nikegundog
GDF Junkie

Post by nikegundog » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:44 pm

Brenttos wrote:If you want to shoot me a PM I can send you what I have. The contracts are for my French Bulldogs but I can easily alter one in about 5 minutes for what your wanting to do.
I you got one that says once the dog is sold, all rights belong to the owner, shoot me a copy.

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:35 pm

I planned on doing that with my stud dog with whom I do not have a lot of breeding options in my kennel. I could not see any fair way to do it. Either the dog was would be so far away I could only do chilled or frozen semen or if the new owner wanted to sell the dog it could get awkward. too many issues I finally decided too keep the dog.
I hope you can work it out............................Cj

oregon woodsmoke

Post by oregon woodsmoke » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:53 pm

Save yourself a lot of trouble and get the dog collected and frozen before he leaves your possesion.

Breeding arrangements often fall apart and it is simply not worth going to court in a lawsuit about a dog.