Field Trial Brittany lines ...

Bekahtsa

Field Trial Brittany lines ...

Post by Bekahtsa » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:00 am

Guys/Gals,
New here, so hopefully this is in the correct place.

I'm over Australia way, and interested in doing some research on the trial lines currently in use in the United States, plus their background. Same with the Dual titled dogs.

Is there any place online that maintains a record of Field Trial placings so you can track a dog/bitches record, and follow the results of progeny?
Regards...
Con

deseeker

Re: Field Trial Brittany lines ...

Post by deseeker » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:12 am

Welcome to the forum. You can google American Brittany Club. Their web site will list all national All Age champs. It will also list all national gun dog champs & Classic winners. They also list all 600 dual champs and hall of fame dogs. The magnum masked man award is the gun dog rankings for the year. The tritronics award is shooting dog rankings for the year. The Purina dog of the year award is the 1 hour rankings for all age dog of the year. It doesn't help much on what they placed in or pedigree.
Brittanydata.com has about 40,000 dogs in it and it will help you find some pedigrees and what they have produced. It is some help but it is only a has 40,000 dogs listed.
AKC has each dog's record & pedigree, but they charge you to get it :x
I'd start with the American Brittany Club website and go from there--good luck finding what you are after :D

bustingcover

Post by bustingcover » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:37 am

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:30 pm

jetjockey

Post by jetjockey » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:09 pm

Just to clarify, the Tri-Tronics/Garmin shooting dog award is for the 1hr GD/SD's. The Purina standings list also includes the award trials for each trial, so you can see exactly which dogs placed and how many dogs they beat.

http://clubs.akc.org/brit/Awards/AllAge/2016.pdf
Last edited by jetjockey on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bekahtsa

Post by Bekahtsa » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:21 pm

Thank you,
That's probably more the type of information I'm trying to find and the placings allow me to see dogs that weren't winners, but still placed.

The pedigree database doesn't seem to get results for me ... we have one in Australia that may help you guys out ... there's no passwords etc... just log-in and follow through to the search section.

http://dwtemp32.info/pp_login.htm

Cheers...
Con

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:11 pm

ditto lots of data here

Bekahtsa

Post by Bekahtsa » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:01 pm

Struggling to use the database ... is it case sensitive? I fiddled and checked a dog in one of my pedigrees (SHAMBO'S DARK SHADOW)which I found, and can see now the value of it ... pictures and titles!! I like!!

Thank you for the assistance.
Cheers...
Con