Merritt Setters

Stoneface

Merritt Setters

Post by Stoneface » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:08 pm

Has anyone had much experience watching Merritt Setters or does anyone own one? What do you think of them?

RyanDoolittle

Re: Merritt Setters

Post by RyanDoolittle » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:55 pm

Ross has one. Caladens Da Vinci. He spoke pretty highly of Terry's dogs when he was training with Terry.

Stoneface

Post by Stoneface » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:26 am

I know about Leo. He sold him to a guy in South Carolina and he's going to Luke Eienharts today. Ross says he barks when he's on the breakaway. That's what got me interested in them.

ranmcc

Post by ranmcc » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:50 pm

I personally have seen Merritts Blaze and Merritts Pearl run in trials. Spent some time with Terry working the Blaze dog. Blaze was an unusual dog very smart. He is the only dog I ever saw that could swim underwater. Saw him retrieve a rock Terry threw in a pond. As far as a trial dog he was beautiful running and pointing, but had his good days and bad days. When he was on he was hard to beat. Saw Pearl run a number of times and she could go. Won a lot of trials. You just have to keep in mind that Terry trained and worked his dogs every day, day in and day out. He spent a lot of time an effort on his dogs and they showed his efforts. Keep in mind that Terry's training made the dogs, but both of those dogs were above average in taking his training.