New pup on the way

llewellinsetter

New pup on the way

Post by llewellinsetter » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:36 pm

We are adding another pup to our string, a female german longhair pointer. is there any suggestions on how to introduce her to our current dog? we are going to use perfect start/finish for our training needs. any suggestions on gear thats needed that people have found helpful with multiple dogs? I've attached some photos for your viewing pleasure.

cameron
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: New pup on the way

Post by shags » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:05 pm

We bring the puppy home and set it down...in the yard if the weather is nice or in the house if it's not. The puppy goes nuts on the big dogs, and the big dogs might sniff the pup then go " Seriously? Are you kidding me? Not another one! Oh man, maybe it's not staying." When the puppy gets annoying the big dogs straighten him out. Then everyone goes on with their day. My dogs are not sharp to other dogs and don't have any aggression problems, but ymmv.

As far as gear, you need another lead, another feed pan, and maybe another crate/box. Basically duplicates of whatever you use for the older dog.

Congrats on the new pup.