Wild bird

DonF
GDF Junkie

Wild bird

Post by DonF » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:40 pm

Had Squirt and Stormy out today on my place. I was down by the barn and Squirt stopped running, saw it on his tracking collar. he was just over 200 yds out, which is still on my property so I just stood and waited for him to go again, he wasn't going. Figured he was napping so walked on up to find him. When I got to where I could see him he was only about 30yds out and standing. In hie typical slovenly fashion, hit tail was straight back but everything else looked good. Couldn't believe he had a bird, figured he had a cat or something! Well I went to him and flushed a single Hun! Must have been the last wild bird in central Ore! I was shocked. Squirt then really came back to life. He was sure if that one was there, there might be more. So disappointing bird hunting this year Birds were just not around! Should have took a photo of him. Bught a new camera that rides on my belt just for that and "bleep" if I never though to get it out. Going to a shooting preserve Wednesday with a friend. Bought the guy's 10 chukars. Wish I could have afforded more!

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Wild bird

Post by Sharon » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:27 pm

LOl That is funny. Enjoy your bought birds.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:11 am

Enjoying the little things,
That put a smile on your face.
That's what it's all about.

marysburg

Post by marysburg » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:12 pm

Pretty soon I will be too old to start another pup, but this summer we hope to be getting one more. Any day in the field beats the heck out of doing housework. Glad you are getting out with your pups Don.

Gertie

Post by Gertie » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:21 pm

That's awesome Don! That Squirt is one heck of a bird dog! Let's hope that lone Hun finds some friends and we have a few for next season. This winter has been a real kick in the crotch to our wild game bird populations. I sure am ready for spring!