Elhew Pointers

ohsq

Elhew Pointers

Post by ohsq » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:29 pm

I was wondering what kennel is currently line breeding the heaviest Elhew Pointer lines and trying to carry on what Bob started years ago. Thank you

setterpoint

Re: Elhew Pointers

Post by setterpoint » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:16 pm

supierior kennels in wi. also pine hill kennel in tn

Carolina Gundogs

Post by Carolina Gundogs » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:52 pm

After Whehle's passing, Brian and Martha Hayes took over Elhew Kennels and the line. With Brian' passing, Mel Pfeifle @ Hampshire Kennels has joined Martha Hayes in taking the line forward.

Featherfinder

Post by Featherfinder » Wed May 03, 2017 8:38 pm

I've just developed 2 nice dogs out of Nitro Kennels (Missouri). At 14 months they are handling with an absolute minimum of intervention from their owners, steady for the most part, retrieving to hand and backing (needing a little more reliability/consistency on backing, but they are young so....easy does it). One is retrieving from water. The other, soon to be.
They are smart, biddable, fancy on the ground as well as on point, well-put-together and relentless.
They were hunted on the prairies, in KS and in TX with astounding results/performance, especially for their age at the time!
Also worked with 2 from Superior Pointers . 1 (male) died of illness - not genetic. The other (female) is a very high-class wild bird hunter. This is her on what we thought were Huns. A single sharptail got up to the owner's surprise while I took this pic. He missed. :(
I've no doubt there are other good producers of the Elhew but these 2 come to mind most recently.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Featherfinder

Post by Featherfinder » Thu May 04, 2017 7:28 am

This is the Nitro beatch. She was ~10 months old.
Sorry....not great resizing pics, etc.
If you click on the pic and scroll around you can EVENTUALLY see the dog.
Hmmm.....???
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu May 04, 2017 4:26 pm

Beautiful dog in pic 1 and nice high head in pic 2. Beauties.

Featherfinder

Post by Featherfinder » Fri May 05, 2017 6:57 am

Thank you. The young male I don't have a picture of. He has that typical Elhew (jowly) head too. VERY capable dogs for their age. By year 2 the owners will be having a blast with their young prospects. They bird hunt together in KS, OK, TX, NV, in Canada and Argentina. Lucky "dogs"!