Crate fan?

Hdfilmmaker

Crate fan?

Post by Hdfilmmaker » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:56 pm

We bought a diamond deluxe dog box that didn't have any fans attached, but it did have s Metro Air Force Cage fan in the storage box. Has anyone used these and had them connected to the vehicle dc voltage?. This thing take d cells or dc adapter. It's that our find two decent fans to install by cutting holes in the dog box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Timewise65

Re: Crate fan?

Post by Timewise65 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:14 am

What part of the country do you live in? What type of hunting are you doing?

Scott Linden

Post by Scott Linden » Wed May 31, 2017 9:10 pm

Just ordered. Will keep you posted.
http://www.kooleraire.com/

MNTonester

Post by MNTonester » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:36 am

Scott, whoever came up with that had a pretty good idea. Interested in your evaluation of it

Timewise65

Post by Timewise65 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:52 am

I have a four dog trailer with a fan included. When new the fan was connect through the trailer linkage to our car battery. I did not trust that set up as I hunt in very cold weather and drawing down my auto battery could make for a very cold night in the woods. Therefore I rewired it and put a 12v deep cycle battery in the front storage compartment. That has worked very well running on long trips over 2-3 days without recharging the battery. The fans are good for temps around 80 degrees. When it is over 80 we put a bag or two of ice in the open kennel (I have 3 Golden's) tied to the inner wall. That with the fan keeps the interior cool and comfortable up into the low 90's. I have a thermometer in the kennel that give me a reading on a receiver in my truck, so I know it never goes over 80 and usually in the 70's on hot days. I do not travel much when it is that hot, but if I have to, I can....

So I believe fans do work, and if your kennels are insulated, adding a bag of ice can also help....

mathisep

Post by mathisep » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:46 pm

Scott Linden wrote:Just ordered. Will keep you posted.
http://www.kooleraire.com/
Scott - How did the cooler fan work?