Dreaded 4th of July

HUNTS

Dreaded 4th of July

Post by HUNTS » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:58 am

All of my hunting dogs have hated fireworks. The town goes crazy every 4th with illegal fireworks and our local police refuse to enforce the law. Wish they would just limit sales to what is legal to begin with. It's a county/city thing. The county allows anything(that's where people buy them) and then bring them into the city to shoot them off illegally. If you call the cops to report they hang up on you. Trying to find a safe place to drive to and car camp away from this crap.

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Re: Dreaded 4th of July

Post by polmaise » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:51 pm

HUNTS wrote:All of my hunting dogs have hated fireworks. The town goes crazy every 4th with illegal fireworks and our local police refuse to enforce the law. Wish they would just limit sales to what is legal to begin with. It's a county/city thing. The county allows anything(that's where people buy them) and then bring them into the city to shoot them off illegally. If you call the cops to report they hang up on you. Trying to find a safe place to drive to and car camp away from this crap.
Be happy that you are not in Belfast on the 12th .

crackerd

Post by crackerd » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:58 pm

polmaise wrote:
HUNTS wrote:All of my hunting dogs have hated fireworks. The town goes crazy every 4th with illegal fireworks and our local police refuse to enforce the law. Wish they would just limit sales to what is legal to begin with. It's a county/city thing. The county allows anything(that's where people buy them) and then bring them into the city to shoot them off illegally. If you call the cops to report they hang up on you. Trying to find a safe place to drive to and car camp away from this crap.
Be happy that you are not in Belfast on the 12th .
Ah, "Bobbie me lad" but if that were Belfast, Maine on the Glorious 12th (of October :wink: ), thy would be having a good ol' grousin' time! http://www.talltimberadventures.com/tal ... -maine.php

MG

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:39 pm

crackerd wrote: Ah, "Bobbie me lad" but if that were Belfast, Maine on the Glorious 12th (of October :wink: ), thy would be having a good ol' grousin' time! http://www.talltimberadventures.com/tal ... -maine.php

MG
Aye' and 'If' it was the 'Glorious' 12th of August You would have the Time of 'Your' life . :wink:

Tooling

Post by Tooling » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:24 pm

Although I would never wish fear on a dog, I must say; that sounds like a pretty cool town :)

If I may ask, where is this so called "Paradise Found" :D

Max2

Post by Max2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:51 am

In my old age I must say I am more of a dog fan then a fireworks fan :D I feel for the stressed out animals. In my neck of the woods on the fourth of July I don't think I heard a pop these past couple years. - On the fourth. :D
I love Independence Day and what it stands for and proudly display my flag everyday !

HUNTS

Post by HUNTS » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:09 am

Max2 wrote:In my old age I must say I am more of a dog fan then a fireworks fan :D I feel for the stressed out animals. In my neck of the woods on the fourth of July I don't think I heard a pop these past couple years. - On the fourth. :D
I love Independence Day and what it stands for and proudly display my flag everyday !
Flying the flag is an act of patriotism, shooting off $1,000 worth of chinese made fireworks is not.

MNTonester

Post by MNTonester » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:20 am

Max2 wrote:In my old age I must say I am more of a dog fan then a fireworks fan
same here. I've seen enough fireworks over the years that I just don't care to go off somewhere to share the viewing pleasure with the smokers, creeps and mosquitos. Also, that's about bed time for me anyway :?

Max2

Post by Max2 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:12 pm

[quote="HUNTS"][quote="Max2"]

Flying the flag is an act of patriotism,

Hunts ~ Thank's for the heads up :D
Just kidding kid . I do really feel your pain and ~ "BELIEVE ME" ! I know where your coming from.... :(

Steve007

Post by Steve007 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:57 pm

Nothing wrong with mild tranquilizers or ( I heard they work) Thundervests on occasion when appropriate. See if your vet is open on Monday.

oilcan

Post by oilcan » Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:43 pm

"Nothing wrong with mild tranquilizers"
I have to give them to my GSP on the 4th July every year if not poor guy would be a nervous wreck.

SouthernTied

Post by SouthernTied » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:25 am

My lab and GSP think fireworks are gun shots so they sit at the door waiting to go out. My gsp actually brought me his avery vest in the middle of fireworks. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tooling

Post by Tooling » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:24 am

SouthernTied wrote:My lab and GSP think fireworks are gun shots so they sit at the door waiting to go out. My gsp actually brought me his avery vest in the middle of fireworks. :lol: :lol: :lol:
x2

Doesn't mean I'd take our dog to the show. Luckily, the dogs I've had have been generally okay with fireworks, exception being persistent mortar/concussion blasts. Although we're fans of the goings-ons I don't think it's wise to push ones luck by allowing their dog to be at the festivities come show time, even if they seem fine around the house. (i.e.; common sense)