Electric Fence Beeping

ben33127

Electric Fence Beeping

Post by ben33127 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:52 pm

Looking into getting an above ground fence for a few months (just moved). Curious if anyone uses them. Anyone have thoughts on if it may cause confusion with the dogs in relation to there e-collar beeps. At this point I typically don't have to use stim just tone them every now and then, so i don't want to screw anything up.

Tooling

Re: Electric Fence Beeping

Post by Tooling » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:45 pm

It's never been an issue for us. That said, I've used the tone on my dogs e-collar as a recall command from the time he was a very young pup as opposed to a warning before thunder strikes. The e-collars tone has morphed into an attention getter in the field but still reliably calls him in if I do nothing (change direction etc). You might reconsider a warning tone. FWIW, I use vibrate very judiciously so's it bugs my dog out pretty good..it's helpful when he's digging for moles etc.

I think the variance in pitch and audible sequence between an e-collar and an e-fence is distinct enough, so it's a non-issue. (we have "Invisible Fence").

Just a tip if you've never used an e-fence - don't let the dog roam unattended b/c it would only be a matter of time until the dog likely breaks.