Dog registration- please help

Frank

Post by Frank » Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:02 pm

I am trying to get my dog registered so I can buy his first hunting dog licence but am totally confused. He is a pedigreed vdd so do I somehow register him threw the vdd-gna or do I still just register him threw the akc or ukc?

Shellottome

Post by Shellottome » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:40 pm

What is a hunting dog license?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Frank

Re: Dog registration- please help

Post by Frank » Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:37 pm

In my state (pa), all hunting dogs have to get there own licence separate from there owners

isonychia

Post by isonychia » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:24 pm

Seriously?

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:34 pm

Dogs have to be licensed in my city too- all dogs! Has nothing to do with the AKC or UKC Frank.

It is a city or State thing.
Apply here:

http://www.licenseyourdogpa.pa.gov/file ... urdog.aspx

If you want to participate in trials/tests then you need to register with the appropriate place - AKC, FDSB, etc..

Frank

Post by Frank » Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:54 am

Wow... never would have figured that out on my own. Thank you :D

Shellottome

Post by Shellottome » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:24 am

That's highway robbery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:18 pm

I think there must be some confusion on this thread. Requiring a dog to be licensed in Pennsylvania has nothing to do with "Hunting Dogs" or hunting from what I can find. It appears that the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture requires that all dogs 3 months and older be licensed, not just hunting dogs. I'm assuming that this is similar to other states where the city, township or county requires dogs to be licensed and current on all vaccinations. It's also a way to get a lost dog back to it's owner.

The OP is saying he needs to get the registered in order to purchase a "dog hunting license". I feel the OP is really confused. My advice would be for him to go to his county treasurer's office and visit with them. I don't think your dog is required to have a "hunting license" in order to hunt. Members from PA I'm sure can shed more light on this.

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:05 pm

Sounds like the confusion is with ‘license’ and ‘register’.

OP, in my county all dogs over 3 months of age must be ‘registered with the county’. That has nothing to do with any of the registries like AKC, UKC, etc. It means that all those dogs are on record with the county of having been licensed with regular old dog tags. When we buy the dog tags, we fill out a little post card type form with breed, age, color, and coat length. This is for simple ID purposes, so the dog warden can match tag to dog if the dog is picked up. Our tags are about $16 each per year. It costs a bit more if we buy tags after a certain date, like Jan.1.

Call your county courthouse and ask to speak to whichever office is in charge of dog licenses, and they’ll give you all the info you need.

You might want to call the game warden also, to see if it’s required for the dog to have his tag on his collar while you’re hunting. You don’t want to incur a fine for not knowing the rules.

setterpoint

Post by setterpoint » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:18 pm

i dont know what reg you dog with akc ukc any other reg.has to do with getting his lic.some states you have to get your dog a lic michigans that way but that means any dog full blooded or mix breed wheather hes reg or not

Urban_Redneck

Post by Urban_Redneck » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:56 am

I'm in PA.

You don't need a pedigree to get a dog license, the nice ladies at the license bureau aren't impressed by such things. If you show them a photo of the dog and tell them it's a Duetch Draathaar they will write down "shaggy brown dog" :lol: If the dog has a chip or tattoo, bring that number and they will record it.