Question about Last Bullet

isonychia

Question about Last Bullet

Post by isonychia » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:22 pm

After a few months of studying pedigrees I am starting to wonder, are there any prominent NSTRA brittany lines that DON'T have Last Bullet in them?

Grange

Re: Question about Last Bullet

Post by Grange » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:54 pm

He's in a lot of pedigrees outside of NSTRA as well. I know of a cover dog champion with lots of of Nolan's Last Bullet blood.

Meller

Post by Meller » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:37 am

Don't know my Brittney lines that well, but don't believe Shambo's Last Shadow or the Rustic Prince lines, had bullet in them; They might have incorporate them in there now?

slistoe
GDF Junkie

Post by slistoe » Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:53 am

Meller wrote:Don't know my Brittney lines that well, but don't believe Shambo's Last Shadow or the Rustic Prince lines, had bullet in them; They might have incorporate them in there now?
He was asking about NSTRA dogs. Those are All-Age trial dogs. And Last Bullet had Rustic Prince in him, not the other way around.

ezzy333
GDF Junkie

Post by ezzy333 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:22 am

slistoe wrote:
Meller wrote:Don't know my Brittney lines that well, but don't believe Shambo's Last Shadow or the Rustic Prince lines, had bullet in them; They might have incorporate them in there now?
He was asking about NSTRA dogs. Those are All-Age trial dogs. And Last Bullet had Rustic Prince in him, not the other way around.
Right on. Rustic Prince was a really nice dog at his time.

isonychia

Post by isonychia » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:08 pm

My current britt has rustic prince in him. One heck of a bird dog but has a heart murmur and tear duct issues. He has pointed grouse from 60 yards away that didn't just slip out either. I once saw him jump over a log and catch a cripple mid air (the only cripple grouse I have ever even seen run like that). Never the less I look forward to having two dogs working at the same time for a little while... if I ever find the right pup.

hustonmc

Post by hustonmc » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:16 pm

These questions get recycled sometimes.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=32198&p=303604&hil ... ts#p303095

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:35 am

I've had Brittanys for over 20 years. 2 with no particular breeding. My last dog that I lost to cancer at age 8 in Nov. 2016 was a line breeding out of Beans Blaze. My current 1 1/2 year old pup also has Beans Blaze on both sides if you go back far enough. With heavy Booker T on the sire's side. No Nolan's Last Bullet. Take a look at the two pedigrees I have posted below in my signature.

It does seem today that a lot of lines have Buddy in them but there are a lot of good breedings out there that do not have any of Buddy's linage in them. What you may find is that some of the better breedings today are mainly AKC horseback trial dogs. That's the case with my current pup but I'm still planning to make a NSTRA dog out of her. May take a little extra training. :)

isonychia

Post by isonychia » Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:39 pm

hustonmc wrote:These questions get recycled sometimes.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=32198&p=303604&hil ... ts#p303095

Yeah I saw that but it was almost 7 years ago and some folks have come and gone since then.

I'm starting to feel like the NSTRA Britts need a renaissance. I pretty much am looking at horse back all age dogs or mystery lineages. French britts have gained such popularity I feel like they are garnishing a lot of the attention for a walking hunter, but I have seen some very close working dogs, like, they should be flushing dogs almost. Anyone purposefully crossing a french britt with an all age dog? :lol: Seriously though, is it really not too hard to get a big runner reeled in for NSTRA? NVM, the variation of opinion on that won't help me at all.

hustonmc

Post by hustonmc » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:33 am

All Age gets thrown around rather loosely IMO. It’s so much more then range, so much more. But short answer is yes. A dog of AA breeding can do very well in the NSTRA game. My avatar was out of a 6xAA/SD Ch, he was a 5xNSTRA champion before he was killed at 5yrs old. Don’t get stuck on range, such a small part of the equation. Bird drive, brains, biddability,etc. those traits then combined with proper development, that’s what makes a competitive dog. In any venue you want a dog that uses up all of its course, not more, not less.