"WORKING CLOSE"

Irishwhistler

"WORKING CLOSE"

Post by Irishwhistler » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:12 am

"WORKING CLOSE"
DSC03295Resized_Fotor NICK.jpeg

A young lad, a shotgun, good bird cover, and a close working retriever equate to fond memories that will shape and last a lifetime. "Working Close" both literally and figuratively, young gunner Nick and me gun dog TRAD have spent many days together afield in the chase o' game birds and waterfowl. A good close working retriever that is solid on obedience and field skills is a thrill to hunt o'er. Nick is the son o' me buddy Rick and the young lad has grown up training retrievers and gunning with us, that unfortunately a fading way o' life for the far majority of today's youth. Ye would be hard pressed to find a kid today with better values , Nick is just a pleasure to spend time afield with. He often comes to hunt tests with his Dad and meself.

I used an interesting filtration process to achieve the painting like appearance in this image which I most aptly have titled "WORKING CLOSE"

"TAKE A KID HUNTING"

Cheers,
Mike
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

MNTonester

Re: "WORKING CLOSE"

Post by MNTonester » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:37 pm

that is very noble to hook up a young hunter and a great dog

Irishwhistler

Re: "WORKING CLOSE"

Post by Irishwhistler » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:58 pm

MNTonester wrote:that is very noble to hook up a young hunter and a great dog
Aye Tony,
Not certain about it being all that "noble". Somebody did it for me and I just view it as a way o' giving back. I think we all need to mentor others for the longevity o' the field sports.

Best Regards,
Mike