TEAM REV - TITLES

Irishwhistler

TEAM REV - TITLES

Post by Irishwhistler » Mon May 14, 2018 1:22 am

Aye Mates,
I reported yesterday on TEAM REV - Handler Nick and Retriever SHR CHURN CREEK'S EL DIABLO NUTMEG STATE REVOLUTION JH (call name REV) having earned their 3rd qualifying leg in the Seasoned Retriever Stakes at a test hosted by the Long Island Retriever Field Trial Club. T'was the third of four qualifying scores needed for REV to earn his HRC Hunting Retriever Title. Yesterday's successful run was the first time that Nick had handled REV in a hunt test and it was conveyed from a number of experienced handlers that Nick worked REV like a seasoned handler. Nick's Dad, Rick, had put the first two qualifying legs on REV in previous HRC hunt tests.

TEAM REV ran again today in the 2nd Seasoned Stakes offered by the host club over this weekend. After Nick and REV had completed the water and land series for the day, Rick called me to tell me that Nick had once again handled REV extremely competently and that he had gotten some real nice feedback fro the judges and other handlers. Not jumping to conclusions of a passing score, Rick called me once more when it was confirmed that Nick had handled REV to a fourth qualifying score and to his HRC Hunting Retriever Title.

20180513_174846Resized_Fotor TEAM REV.jpg
TEAM REV - Nick and REV with their ribbons earned in the Double Hunt Test hosted this past weekend by the Long Island Retriever Field Trial Club. The efforts of Nick and REV led to this talented, high drive, and stylish retriever earning hisHunting Retriever Title whilst being handled by Nick.

REV has certainly come a long way from the rebellious hooligan he was when he first arrived for training at the age of seven months and I watched him take a bite the size of my fist out of a Dokken Training Bumper. Lot's of time and effort along with developmental maturity has seen REV come into his own as a truly spectacular retriever to watch in action. REV is a real joy to hunt over be it on waterfowl or upland birds, REV is very bird driven and exhibits grand perseverance whilst afield.

So not to rest on this sweet accomplishment, TEAM REV will now regroup and develop a revised training plan to identify those strengths that have brought REV this far, but also to recognize the areas needing further refinement, and to present REV with the challenges inherent within training scenarios of greater complexity, and to hone his abilities to meet those challenges with competence and consistency. Having been training with REV, Rick, and Nick from the first day of his journey as a gun dog recruit having started, I am highly confident that TEAM REV has all the skills, work ethic, desire, and heart that will be required to move onward in the hunt test / retriever games. REV will have earning an AKC Senior Hunter Title as an immediate goal as they have already earned qualifying legs in that regard. We will continue training on higher level skill sets that will prepare REV for eventually earning his HRC Hunting Retriever Champion Title and his AKC Master Hunter Title. Keep ye eyes on TEAM REV, they are really shaping up very nicely.

CONGRATULATIONS TO REV, Rick, and Nick .

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

shags
GDF Junkie

Re: TEAM REV - TITLES

Post by shags » Wed May 16, 2018 3:59 pm

Congrats, and good luck to Rev in his future endeavors.

Irishwhistler

Re: TEAM REV - TITLES

Post by Irishwhistler » Sat May 19, 2018 3:46 pm

shags wrote:Congrats, and good luck to Rev in his future endeavors.
THANK YE MATE.

MIKE