Garmin delta upland xc vs Dogtra 2702?

Rio

Post by Rio » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:53 pm

Will have 2 dogs this year for the first time so I need to upgrade my Ecollar. I would like to have a beeper ecollar combo. Most of the time the beeper won’t be used but if we get into a thick spot I would like to either hit the locate button and other times just turn the pointing beeper on from the transmitter.

Looking at the Dogtra 2702 or the Garmin delta upland xc. Thoughts on these or something better for what I want to accomplish? Reviews seem mixed on the Garmin and can’t find much on the Dogtra. Either of these two would be roughly $500 for transmitter and two collars. I don’t think I’m ready to go full gps tracking due to cost and not sure I would use it enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakotazeb

Re: Garmin delta upland xc vs Dogtra 2702?

Post by Dakotazeb » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:13 pm

I see no one has responded to your post. I would suggest you go with the Dogtra 2702. I had the previous model 2502 for several years and never had one problem. But since my hearing is in decline I was having difficulty hearing the beeper so I have now gone to the Garmin Alpha.

oldbeek

Re: Garmin delta upland xc vs Dogtra 2702?

Post by oldbeek » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:53 pm

I hunted last year on some small plateaus. The birds hung along the edges so the could bail out of site in a few seconds. The dogs also could be out of site in a few seconds also. The Garmin Astro 430 paid for itself a hundred times over in one season. I have more money than I have the ability to run up and down hills. Money way better spent on the Astro than any fancy gun. PS. I like a separate E-collar for quicker correction if needed.

Rio

Post by Rio » Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:54 am

Thanks guys. I ended up getting the 2702. I really like it so far. Simple, affordable, and effective. The type of cover and dogs I hunt makes the gps collars largely unnecessary. Maybe some day I’ll change my mind and get on board with everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk