Trying to decide.. Tenzing or Wing Works

Born2Hunt

Post by Born2Hunt » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:08 pm

Which do you prefer and why?? Thanks

MGIII

Post by MGIII » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:36 pm

Q5 outdoor products over both. American made, great quality, well thought design, great customer service, functional, very ergonomic, supports a good cause (https://azoutdooradventures.org/about-us/). They just make a great product overall.

I won’t take anything away from either of the other companies but to me you can’t beat Q5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgrucker

Re: Trying to decide.. Tenzing or Wing Works

Post by mgrucker » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:44 am

I haven't used both but I do have a Tenzing and really like it. I don't really have much to put in the backpack part of it usually so that part of it is kind of a waste for me. I have some first aid stuff in there, wipes for sunglasses, and some rope and zip ties for (theoretically) undoing traps. I also usually put at least 2 bottles of water in there for the dogs which the Wingworks has dedicated pockets for. On some days though it is nice to have more backpack space to put in rain gear or to store an outer layer once it warms up. The back panel is pretty warm but at least it's just my back that is sweaty and not everywhere like when I wear a more traditional vest.

reba

Post by reba » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:08 am

I have used the Wing Works for 100 days a year for more than 8 years.

I like it because it carries the weight on the hips, which makes it great for carrying lots of water. When I leave the truck the total vest weight is 35 pounds.

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:03 am

I think the wing works is constructed to last a while longer under heavy use, but the Tenzing is nice for a long hunt when you will be away from the truck for awhile. It has some more space for personal belongings, I can fit an extra layer of clothing, some dog boots tape, a little lunch, camera, phone and most importantly it fits a camelback water bladder. It's more like a backpack that fits birds rather than the wing works that is nice vest that fits some gear. I'm not a big fan of the little net bags to hold the garmin or collar remote on the belt area of the tenzing, so I added some D rings on the chest strap to clip them on. If I was field hunting and training a lot, Wing works for sure, all day chukar excursion where you need to bring a large supply of water and gear tenzing is my vote.

averageguy

Post by averageguy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:51 pm

I bought a Wings Work vest in 2016 and have worn it approximately 600 days since, as I use it while training/exercising, as well as hunting. I do not think I will ever wear it out. I hunt Upland birds from Sept to Feb and am a Contingency sort of guy. In cold weather the game bag is big enough to carry a stocking cap and neck gaiter, camera, 3 rooster pheasants and a Prairie Chicken or two, the zipper pouch on the back is large enough to have extra gloves, zip ties/tools to remove a dog from a trap, some first aid items, leash, and choke tubes. I bought the deep shell pockets and like them. They are deep enough I can leave the flap velcro'd in the open position with near zero risk any shells can fall out. The water bottles on each side are very large which I like and need. There are straps at the back which I use to attach an extra wind breaker when I get too hot and take it off. The chest and waist strap do an excellent job of keeping any felt weight off of my shoulders and I have never noticed the vest while shooting.

No experience with Tenzing.

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:47 pm

Wing Works but to be fair, I haven't tried the others. Why? I can't wear my WW out.

Born2Hunt

Post by Born2Hunt » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:52 pm

Thanks for all the input , I went with the wings works

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk