INTENSITY ~ A portrait.

Irishwhistler

INTENSITY ~ A portrait.

Post by Irishwhistler » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:04 am

WixAHSbASNaMlH5t3tO5XQ_thumb_46f0_Fotor-1.jpg
INTENSITY ~ LAKE CHAFFEE'S AUTUMN LEGACY O' TRAD FINIAN MAC

A face on portrait o' me seven month old yellow British Labrador Retriever "MAC". As if possessed, MAC will burn a hole in a mark with his eyes prior to being sent on retrieve. Delay before the send is used both randomly, but for increasing durations of time to foster both steadiness and drive simultaneously. I contend that intensity o' drive is largely wired into any given dog as wired by their DNA and that though it can be fostered, it cannot be created. MAC has that special quality o' intense prey drive that we all love to see in a gun dog prospect. This lad is going to make a very special gun dog and hunt test athlete. MAC is sired by me gun dog TRAD and has earned a special place in the hearts o' me family.

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: INTENSITY ~ A portrait.

Post by DonF » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:13 am

Nice photo!

Irishwhistler

Post by Irishwhistler » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:36 am

DonF wrote:Nice photo!
Thank ye Don.
Mike

Featherfinder

Post by Featherfinder » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Irishwhistler, I've never been fond of the (show-type) 5+ worded names, but I digress…
When I look at this delightful portrait - especially his deep gaze - I think, "This fine dog is wise beyond his age. I shall call him, Sage."
I further believe that as the years pass by, this name would grow to serve him well.
Thank you so much for sharing!

Max2

Post by Max2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:11 am

I always love these type photo's of the athletes !

Irishwhistler

Post by Irishwhistler » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:47 pm

Featherfinder wrote:Irishwhistler, I've never been fond of the (show-type) 5+ worded names, but I digress…
When I look at this delightful portrait - especially his deep gaze - I think, "This fine dog is wise beyond his age. I shall call him, Sage."
I further believe that as the years pass by, this name would grow to serve him well.
Thank you so much for sharing!
Featherfinder,
Not really a "show-type" name. The name as it appears includes the breeder's kennel name and pays respectful mention of the pup's dam AUTUMN and sire TRAD. Finian is Irish for "light or white" and MAC is Irish for "the son of". His call name is just plain "MAC". Indeed, MAC is a precocious pup and is on his way to becoming a fine gun dog. He also has a long journey ahead of him in meeting my standard of training but enjoys the work and is very diligent as well as intelligent in training. This pup is highly bird driven. Glad ye enjoyed the post. Keep ye eyes on MAC he is going to be something very special.
Fy5h8wHXRkyhWHD%ofIC5Q_thumb_460e_FotorResized.jpg
LAKE CHAFFEE'S AUTUMN LEGACY O' TRAD FINIAN MAC ~ call name MAC (seven months old)

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.