Old friend

DonF
GDF Junkie

Old friend

Post by DonF » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:46 pm

Got a call from a guy I used to hunt with some years ago last night. Wanted to come over and work a new dog he got on some birds. Sure! Got here about noon today. He got a started setter from Berg Bros. Nice looking dog and gonna make a nice bird dog I think. Have no idea what his screen name is on here but sure this is where he found me. He looked up DonF and it came up in Antelope so he knew it was me. Boy, haven't seen him in 20 some years! He hasn't changed much, recognized him right off. When we first moved in here, 29 yrs ago, he came over to visit our first day here. Flew his plane over and landed in a rancher's CRP field right across the road! Got to meet the rancher the same day! Rancher really took it well! Great seeing ya again Bob, look forward to more return trips over here, love your dog.

chiendog

Re: Old friend

Post by chiendog » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:17 pm

Great looking dog!!

shags
GDF Junkie

Post by shags » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:29 am

Happy for you that you reconnected with an old friend and his new dog.

You have such a talent for capturing bird dog moments with your camera. It's amazing and your photos just blow me away. If you ever come east, bring your camera and let us know 8)

Featherfinder

Post by Featherfinder » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:30 am

Wow...what a nice looking dog!
Yup, the Bergs know their stuff.
GREAT pics DonF!

Garrison

Post by Garrison » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:56 pm

That one looks like it is wired right, I have never heard anything except good things from happy hunters who own a dog from a Berg’s breeding.