Expect The Unexpected *Video*

Post by Skydance » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:40 am

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8cG_jabqxc

Like and Subscribe!

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Re: Expect The Unexpected *Video*

Post by gonehuntin' » Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:47 am

Boy, did I enjoy that! Great job. I have never been involved in pointing dog field trials but was heavily involved in the retriever trials. Even lived close to you in Declo, Id. Everything you say about the pointing dog trials is true of retriever trials. Usually, the winning dog deserved the win. But not always. Once I was running derby against the dog that would be that years national derby champion. My dog smoked her, drilling every bird on honest lines. His dog ran around every puddle of water and never got a foot wet and they gave her third. I was pissed. Then in one trial I had the qualifying won going in to the 4th series, a water triple. The wanted to finish that day to start the Amateur the next morning. When my turn I couldn't see the duck hit the water, only the orange roar of the gun then hear the splash. They forced me to run, the dog blew the test and I ended up with a JAM. Next weekend I ran under that judges wife and the dog did a horrible job, should have been dropped. I won it. The judge whispered in my ear, " now we're even Ken.". You never know but most of the time, if you're honest and don't wear rose colored glasses, the results are as they should be.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:28 pm

Me too. That was a great talk. Wish I'd heard that when I started out. Brought back a lot of memories. Thanks.

Skydance

Post by Skydance » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:14 am

Thanks for the compliments! It's been a wicked winter, the Skydance YouTube Channel froze with everything else. I'll hopefully get out with the camera as the weather warms.