Pup Update

northwoodshunter

Pup Update

Post by northwoodshunter » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:02 pm

Thought I’d give a little update on my pup from Dankar Kennels. I picked him up March 1st. He was born January 1st. He is doing very well on his birds for his age, he is pointing strong and sticking all different types of training birds. He retrieves dummies but will need some reinforcement on bringing a bird back. He is part way collar conditioned and is doing alright on recall. He is swimming good and likes to swim to get bumpers. He’s a little demon in the house still but is getting better. Very I’m impressed with how well he started with birds and I have high hopes for him. His NA test is going to be in August. He’ll be going to training for the month of July at Dankar and I’m expecting him to do pretty well. His sire is Tell from Tim Clark and dam is Dreist from Dankar. He’s a pretty big boy, sitting around 45 lbs I’d guess. Was around 41lbs 2-3 weeks ago.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OhioVizsla

Re: Pup Update

Post by OhioVizsla » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:40 am

Sounds like you're in for a great fall chasing grouse.

greg jacobs

Post by greg jacobs » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:07 am

That's great news!
I thought that breeding might produce some nice dogs. Nice find.
Enjoy the ride.
A month then and another month later on would be a great investment.
Is he taking more after the sire or dam?
Don't think he will get to big. Think you will end up with a nice size athletic dog.
Good to hear from you
Greg Jacobs

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:17 am

That is a nice looking dog!

northwoodshunter

Post by northwoodshunter » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:05 pm

Ohiovizsla- It’s looking like he will be pretty good come hunting season, doing pretty good already.

DonF- Thank you, he looks a lot like his dad, and the top of his back is real dark which came from his mom.

Greg- The puppies I’ve seen from the litter since they left there, have been doing pretty good, the 2 I’ve seen quite a bit are about the same stage as him give or take a little either way. In looks he’s a lot like Tell, and from what I hear about Tell he has some of the same personality traits of him as well as Dreist. This litter is very high energy though, a little more than I expected but I don’t have a problem with it normally, only problem is he’s stubborn and it takes multiple times to teach him certain manners in the house. In training he is doing well, sticking his birds just gotta get him to actually bring them back.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:23 pm

So glad he is doing well. :) Reminds me of a great GSP I had. Miss that dog.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett