American Brittany Breeder?

aksportsman

American Brittany Breeder?

Post by aksportsman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 9:57 am

Hey guys,

I know there is a big GSP following in here but I’m hoping for some Brittany help! The wife gave me the okay to add another bird dog to the family with the only stipulation that she’d really like a liver/white color male Brittany... I’m not a fan of basing the selection of a dog based on appearance as opposed to finding the right pairing but I’m not about to complain about getting another pup.

Does anyone have experience or know good breeder or pairing that may have a litter coming up in the next 4-10 months. I’m not in a hurry, and plan on being very selective. I want to really find the best fit possible with loads of natural drive. I’d be happy travel for that right fit.

Thanks in advance!

Dakotazeb

Re: American Brittany Breeder?

Post by Dakotazeb » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:51 pm

I'm checking a couple of my sources for you. Will let you know if I come up with anything. Are you stuck on liver & White?

aksportsman

Post by aksportsman » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:06 pm

Thank you! She has a hankering for that color combo that’s for sure, I don’t think it would take too much pleading to include roan in the mix.

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:30 pm

A gal in North Dakota that runs dogs in NSTRA is having a litter this fall. Her female is liver and white and a great dog. Will be an excellent breeding. But she prefers the pups go to NSTRA homes. I'll also check with a guy I know that lives in Arkansas. Actually that's who the ND gal got her female from.

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:49 pm

Check out this litter in Kansas. I know nothing about these dogs or the breeder. You would have to do your own due diligence.

https://www.facebook.com/12674216790902 ... 412103467/

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:12 am

Here's another that's in your area of the country. He has 3 males left and one is liver & white.

https://www.facebook.com/mileysgundogs/ ... oup_dialog

LouisianaHunter

Post by LouisianaHunter » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:49 pm

aksportsman wrote:Hey guys,

I know there is a big GSP following in here but I’m hoping for some Brittany help! The wife gave me the okay to add another bird dog to the family with the only stipulation that she’d really like a liver/white color male Brittany... I’m not a fan of basing the selection of a dog based on appearance as opposed to finding the right pairing but I’m not about to complain about getting another pup.

Does anyone have experience or know good breeder or pairing that may have a litter coming up in the next 4-10 months. I’m not in a hurry, and plan on being very selective. I want to really find the best fit possible with loads of natural drive. I’d be happy travel for that right fit.

Thanks in advance!
Have a friend in St Francisville La having a litter of French Brits . I think early Sep.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MGIII

Post by MGIII » Sun Jul 14, 2019 5:09 pm

I sent you a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aksportsman

Post by aksportsman » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:25 pm

I’ve really gotten some great reply’s here, thank you all! Thank you as well to those who sent private messages! I’m excited to reach out to your recommendations. As for the French Brittany’s I like them but looking for a bit longer of a dog. If anyone else has recommendations or even lines that they are fond of I’d love to hear it. Regardless thank you very much.

Ledbetter

Post by Ledbetter » Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:28 pm

Harold Biebel in Kentucky. I have talked to him several times through the years. HaroldBiebel@me.com
He has liver, orange & roaned versions of each.
Biebel Brittanys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:36 am

Haven't seen K9 around in quite a while. She raise's them. You can find her on Facebook at Arlette Hennessy. She'll probably know where litter's are. Picking pup's, I look at field bred litter's then I pick the one I like to look at. My last pup is a Red Setter and I just had the breeder pick it out for me. Field bred and what I like to look at!

kninebirddog
GDF Premier Member!

Post by kninebirddog » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:13 am

DonF wrote:Haven't seen K9 around in quite a while. She raise's them. You can find her on Facebook at Arlette Hennessy. She'll probably know where litter's are. Picking pup's, I look at field bred litter's then I pick the one I like to look at. My last pup is a Red Setter and I just had the breeder pick it out for me. Field bred and what I like to look at!
Thank you Don
I finally got tap talk to work
I will have a male available in a couple weeks not sure which one yet as we just started to take them out to the field
They are almost 6 weeks old now be 8 weeks at least before I will allow them to go.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."
"When I hear somebody talk about a horse or cow being stupid, I figure its a sure sign that the animal has outfoxed them." Tom Dorrance
If you feel like you are banging your head against the wall, try using the door.

Nmhuntr

Post by Nmhuntr » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:43 pm

If you have not made your decision yet you may want to look into Mason ridge Kennels in Arizona. I believe he has liver/white. My female is Orange/white and I am pleased with her. I am training her myself and this will be her second season. She is 2 and weights 30 lbs which is on the small side but I love it. She has long legs and is a deep chested dog. She loves to run but I keep her within 200-300 yards.

Just my 2 cents from a first time gun dog owner.

Good luck