Looking for some new pants.

chaynes

Looking for some new pants.

Post by chaynes » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:22 am

So I have grown to love cargo pockets. Recently when looking to buy some new upland pants Orvis had several pair that had cargo pocket included. The Muflon stalking pant, Upland Briar pant, and Lolo upland pant. However, I can not find any in my size. Does anyone have any ideas on what some good pants are and or where I could find some in my size?

reba

Re: Looking for some new pants.

Post by reba » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:25 am

I like Duluth fire hose pants.

Makintrax73

Post by Makintrax73 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:10 pm

I have the same problem. Upland clothes for...um....husky people seem to be all they keep in stock. I had a pair of Filsons that fit that I wore out, then found out they were $190 to replace :roll: . I went poking around the net a while back and found an site for a company that makes custom briar pants. I believe it said you could either buy their pants, or send them your pants and they would sew on a facing. IIRC the price wasn't horrible either.

I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it again.

Edit: here it is https://kevinscatalog.com/men-s-custom- ... ant-facing I wonder if any of the members have done this? Be good to hear some reviews.

Featherfinder

Post by Featherfinder » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Waxed cotton over-pants work the best...hands down. They can handle briars/thorns reasonably well, are water resistant, completely cover your lower body unlike chaps, and can be removed so you can wear the jeans under them into the restaurant without looking like a mass murderer.
Definitely not the ticket in warmer climes.

j d patrick

Post by j d patrick » Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:54 am

Makintrax73 wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:10 pm
I have the same problem. Upland clothes for...um....husky people seem to be all they keep in stock. I had a pair of Filsons that fit that I wore out, then found out they were $190 to replace :roll: . I went poking around the net a while back and found an site for a company that makes custom briar pants. I believe it said you could either buy their pants, or send them your pants and they would sew on a facing. IIRC the price wasn't horrible either.

I'll have to dig around and see if I can find it again.

Edit: here it is https://kevinscatalog.com/men-s-custom- ... ant-facing I wonder if any of the members have done this? Be good to hear some reviews.

never understood the concept of "briar pants" only having protection to mid thigh,,,might look cool on some plantation hunt,,,but where I hunt the briars are taller than that!! I'm with the full pant protection like featherfinder mentioned