Hello from Iowa and introduction

Giuseppe

Hello from Iowa and introduction

Post by Giuseppe » Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:42 am

Hello,

I just would like to introduce myself. My name is Giuseppe (although if you have a hard time pronouncing/typing it, "Joe" does work well too). I leave in Iowa and hunt upland birds almost exclusively. As my name give it away I am originally from Europe, Italy to be more specific. I am 35 and I have worked a lived in the US for the last 11 years. My wife is from the US and we have 3 kids. I grew up hunting upland birds with my father in Italy using exclusively pointing dogs. I had several breeds growing up including a Bracco Italiano (actually my first dog), English setters, Pointers, GSPs and Epagneul Bretons.
After moving to the US, due to new jobs, kids (one of which with special needs) and integrating in to the new culture, my mind was somewhere else and I went through a "bird dog hiatus" that lasted about 8 years (looking back that was 8 years too long without a bird dog). Fortunately in the spring of 2018 one of my friends here in Iowa had an "unplanned" GSP litter and a puppy was available for me. I did not hesitate and went for it. Luckly for me I knew and hunted with both the sire and the dam of my dog and they are excellent hunting dogs. Fran is now almost 2 years old (will be 2 in February). She has been the best hunting dog I have ever had to date. Lately I am starting to switch my focus from hunting to gundog/bird dog training and I am getting the "field trial/hunt test fever". I think I am severely infected.
Anyway I am looking forward to be part of the GDF family.
Best
Giuseppe "Joe"

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: Hello from Iowa and introduction

Post by Sharon » Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:46 pm

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good help here. If I can help in any way, with your use of the forum. just let me know. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Giuseppe

Post by Giuseppe » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:04 pm

Thank you so much. I will certainly take you up on the help offer should I need it.
Cheers

NEhomer

Post by NEhomer » Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:26 am

Welcome to GDF~

ddoyle

Post by ddoyle » Sat Jan 04, 2020 9:31 pm

Welcome. Also in Iowa in Quad Cities