~ CHOCOLATE WATERS ~

Irishwhistler

~ CHOCOLATE WATERS ~

Post by Irishwhistler » Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:41 am

Aye Mates,

I worked with REX this evening whilst concentrating on single marked retrieves on the water. REX is demonstrating a good working knowledge of the mechanics of the retrieve and is making a nice presentation to hand upon delivery. T'was just a few short weeks ago that REX would not hold or carry a training bumper. As well, REX did not have a strong natural retrieve, REX is quite soft in his overall acceptance of training pressure so I have proceeded cautiously in both his foundational obedience and in force fetch conditioning him. All is coming together and REX really enjoyed our time spent together working on the water this evening.

DSC08618_Fotor.jpg
~ Evening Retriever ~ REX is seen making entry to a technical pond we train on. We took advantage of the cooler temperatures this evening as we are expecting a brutal heatwave and high humidity over the next few days.

DSC08619_Fotor.jpg
~ REX On Return ~ REX is seen making his return to the handler after having made the pickup of a Token Training bird on the water's surface.

DSC08616_Fotor.jpeg
~ REX ~ GOOD HOLD ! Having made his way out of the technical pond and across land, REX has taken a seat on the PLACE board platform and is waiting for the verbal command "GIVE" to be issued so that he may place the training bird gently into my hand.

It is so great to see that REX is making progress as a result of the training program I have conducted for him. I look forward to continuing my work training REX.

Enjoy every moment spent with your sporting dogs ! 👍

Cheers,
THE DOG WHISTLER ☘️🇮🇪🇺🇸
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.