Dang only a couple of members hunt??????

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Re: Dang only a couple of members hunt??????

Post by polmaise » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:28 pm

It's always good to have memories of past hunting days with good dogs and good people. I have many, and most are usually best remembered on a dogs first, when it comes together in the field with all the previous training ,and often it doesn't go perfect, but at the end of the day , it was always a good day .These days I'm mostly training other folks and their dogs and only a few times hunt over my own when I get the chance!
That will change next year though, because I have taken on two new pups for keeps and they are keeping me busy for sure, But, and this is my 'but' , it's the days hunting my grandson will hopefully enjoy in the future that makes me smile ..in his training . He started well, handling our finished dog at a club event and this coming 29th will be at a real hunt/shoot family day on pheasants.
Two at a time with retrievers and spaniels however is a long way off for him just yet.
tyler and merlin.jpg
side by side by two.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:41 pm

That is the great picture with your grandson. :) He's a lucky boy to have such a knowledgeable grandpa when it come to dogs and hunting. I was also so blessed. Started hunting with my Dad when I was about 10. If I kept the gun(.22) barrel clean ( no mud), I was allowed to shoot once when we got back to the car.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:10 pm

Members : Lots of great hunting stories in the Hunting section.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett