Echo Injured on her 5th Birthday

Walk213

Echo Injured on her 5th Birthday

Post by Walk213 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:09 pm

https://youtu.be/pydNI5rDoV4

This trip to Eastern, Colorado started out with a lot of action as Echo put me on birds just minutes into our hunt. We only hunted about an hour when I made a non-lethal shot on a rooster. Echo barreled through multiple barbed wire fences chasing the running pheasant. While she retrieved the bird, she tore her ear up. I could not stop the bleeding, so we headed home. The ER vet put sutures in and shelved her for 10 days. I am thankful that she is ok. and she will recover soon.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

IDHunter

Re: Echo Injured on her 5th Birthday

Post by IDHunter » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:58 pm

Ah that's the worst. My dog did the same exact thing chasing a crippled quail in October. Looks like the injury was in "bleep" near the same spot as well. It's kind of scary how much blood can come from an ear until you realize that they aren't going to die from it. by the time I got my pup cleaned up and the bleeding stopped I was so covered in blood on both hands that you'd have thought I just gutted a deer.

Glad to hear the pup is on the mend and will be back at it soon.

Walk213

Re: Echo Injured on her 5th Birthday

Post by Walk213 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:46 am

IDHunter wrote:Ah that's the worst. My dog did the same exact thing chasing a crippled quail in October. Looks like the injury was in "bleep" near the same spot as well. It's kind of scary how much blood can come from an ear until you realize that they aren't going to die from it. by the time I got my pup cleaned up and the bleeding stopped I was so covered in blood on both hands that you'd have thought I just gutted a deer.

Glad to hear the pup is on the mend and will be back at it soon.
Exactly! My clothing is covered in blood. She kept shaking her head, and the blood went everywhere. Glad that your pup was fine.

I knew that the area we were hunting was littered with trash. I was concerned from the go. There were so many running birds that it was hard to leave. A 540 mile U turn. She will be fine and that is most important.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk