GWP Skid Plate for female

AndersonSkiTeam

GWP Skid Plate for female

Post by AndersonSkiTeam » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:33 pm

My GWP has had a few litters and I could use some advice on the best skid plate or protective vest I could use for her. After feeding pups she hangs a lot lower and they are tender. Lots of the products don't seem to give good cover for her whole body. Main use is for upland hunting in Alberta. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mosby

Re: GWP Skid Plate for female

Post by Mosby » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:56 pm

I have a young GSP female and I bought her a Sylmar vest for this upcoming season. The vest from Lion Country Supply also gets good reviews.

I haven't used either to date and there could be a better one out there but I decided to try the Sylmar to give her some protection.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Jun 15, 2021 4:00 pm

" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Dakotazeb

Post by Dakotazeb » Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:57 am

I would recommend Sylmar vests. I've used them for years and they are a quality product and the customer service is fantastic. Normal vests have a cut-out on the bottom side to accommodate a male dog. I didn't need that for my female Brittany so Sylmar custom made me a vest that eliminates the cut-out area and covers more of her underside. They did this a no extra cost. If you contact them I'm sure they would do the same for you.

http://sylmardogwear.com/