New member looking for pigeons in Nebraska

spf8298

New member looking for pigeons in Nebraska

Post by spf8298 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:43 pm

Hello,

I'm a new member with a new English setter puppy looking for some training pigeons in SE Nebraska. I live in Geneva. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Shaun

oregon woodsmoke

Re: New member looking for pigeons in Nebraska

Post by oregon woodsmoke » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:47 pm

Do you want to buy one-use pigeons or do you want to put in a coop and keep homing pigeons?

If no one here on gun dog Forum has a source they can recommend, I don't know what is in your area, but for myself I just checked on Craigslist and also did a google for homing pigeons for sale near (my town) and got a good source. I also found an ad for someone who sold both homers and barn pigeons.

Craigslist is usually a good source for cheap barnyard animals and poultry. I assume you don't want expensive homers or show pigeons to train your dog with.

The website Backyard Chickens is also sometimes a source for pigeons, if you can promise not to hurt the birds. It's a pet chicken website but there is a pigeon sub-forum.

Unfortunately, the cheap homing pigeons are white. I think they rent them out for weddings. But they are cheap, so white it is.

RKWKS

Re: New member looking for pigeons in Nebraska

Post by RKWKS » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:40 pm

I'm a new member also and new to the pointing dog game. When I made a deposit on my Brittany in March I started building my pigeon coop. I have been lucky to have a poultry auction that is fairly close. Its once a month and over a few months I have been able to build a flock. Im about 3-4 hours south of you and can help you out if you cant find anything closer.
Rick