A good run!

Garrison

A good run!

Post by Garrison » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:10 pm

My old man “Gus” (big fan of the novel Lonesome Dove) took a bit of a premature exit from the field. We were able to get in the hills and into birds at least twice a week this past season, he did pretty darn good keeping up with the youngster too. Even with his selectively aging ears, (they seem to work fine when the gun safe opens or the food hits the pan), he gave me some of my most memorable hunts and the longest crippled Chukar retrieve I can remember.

Doing absolutely nothing, he ruptured a tendon, and shortly after was afflicted with Horner’s syndrome, kind of a Bell’s palsy type deal. An otherwise healthy dog lost most of it in a couple weeks. Still happy to be with us and happy to get attention from our daughter on his dog bed, but I’m not sure if his heart won’t give out when he sees me packing up the truck this season. Heck of a run Gustavo!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Garrison on Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Re: A good run!

Post by Sharon » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:43 pm

That is such a touching post. Well done Gus. :)
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

Max2

Re: A good run!

Post by Max2 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:39 am

Nice ! You folks have to get a like button over here !