22 ammo blanks

bnew17

22 ammo blanks

Post by bnew17 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:19 am

I am trying to find some 22 caliber blank ammo for a pistol. Have never bought blank ammo before. It seems everything I see online is for dummy launchers? Are they one in the same? One description said they were not. I have a standard 22 caliber revolver pistol. Can someone point me in the right direction on where to look or a reputable website? I am planning on starting gun acclimation soon. ThAnks

SwitchGrassWPG

Re: 22 ammo blanks

Post by SwitchGrassWPG » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:22 pm

Lion Country Supply, Gun Dog Supply, Margo Supply, Amazon - Perhaps even your local home improvement store.
https://www.google.com/search?q=.22+aco ... nt=gws-wiz

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:20 pm

Not sure but I think 22 caliber Ramset loads work and you can get different loads. One thing 22 blanks have a much sharper sound andsome dogs are botheredby themore than shotguns.......Cj

bnew17

Post by bnew17 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:37 pm

SwitchGrassWPG wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:22 pm
Lion Country Supply, Gun Dog Supply, Margo Supply, Amazon - Perhaps even your local home improvement store.
https://www.google.com/search?q=.22+aco ... nt=gws-wiz
LCS and Gun Dog appear to be out. I will check out the other. I have thousands of live rounds. I was not sure if they were much louder than blanks?

deseeker

Post by deseeker » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:27 pm

Go to menards, lowes, Home Depot, or a lumber store and ask for 22cal nail gun loads(like CJ said Ramset). They are used in the old style 22cal nail guns to drive nails into lumber. They come like in 5 different levels(usually under $10 /100)--stick with the weakest 2 levels otherwise they are pretty load. Don't use in the real cheap $30 potmetal blank guns--they have too much power for them. They are okay for alpha guns, higher dollar blank pistols, or real pistols. :D

cjhills
GDF Junkie

Post by cjhills » Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:38 am

A RamSet nails wood to steel beams or concrete. So they have some pretty heavy loads. Haven't used one for years. They are different colors for different loads. Don't remember the colors.
When I did alot of hunt testing I loaded primers only in shotgun shells and used a old 20 gauge single shot. I liked that because the dog got used to seeing you with a shot gun and you can develope the habit of following the flight. Which you need to do in a Hunt test. The judges get upset if you forget to shoulder your gun. Somebody else shoots the bird of course.......Cj

polmaise
GDF Junkie

Post by polmaise » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:32 pm

bnew17 wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:19 am
I am trying to find some 22 caliber blank ammo for a pistol. Have never bought blank ammo before. It seems everything I see online is for dummy launchers? Are they one in the same? One description said they were not. I have a standard 22 caliber revolver pistol. Can someone point me in the right direction on where to look or a reputable website? I am planning on starting gun acclimation soon. ThAnks
Standard , as in 'Rimfire'? Some .22 are center fire.
Here in the UK ,the blank pistol can only fire blanks and must be painted orange/yellow. So you guys are lucky/ or not ,and even then, the 'ramset/hilti' or equivalent shots are 'slightly' ...not designed to fit !
There is an adaptor 12 bore- .22 blank rimfire that takes both the small crimped and long blanks used for 'dummy launchers' . used frequently as described by cj... as an excellent transition training for shooting over your own dog , or from a bucket.
As for 'reputable website' , start with where you got the pistol or who made it. :wink:

fourseasons

Post by fourseasons » Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:34 am

Don't use launcher blanks!

I have quite a few boxes (100 per box) of CCI .22 short noise blanks (black box), will fit most .22 blank guns (supposedly any firearm chambered for 22 Short, 22 Long or 22 Long Rifle, except may not cycle in semi-automatic firearm). Loaded with a clean burning propellant - "smokeless". Stocked up earlier figuring they'd become hard to find so have some I'd be willing to sell. Send me a PM, I'll give you a good break on price.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:14 am

Any more all I use are nail gun blanks. Work great and less expensive than 22 blanks from a sporting goods store!

DonF
GDF Junkie

Post by DonF » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:17 am

cjhills wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:38 am
A RamSet nails wood to steel beams or concrete. So they have some pretty heavy loads. Haven't used one for years. They are different colors for different loads. Don't remember the colors.
When I did alot of hunt testing I loaded primers only in shotgun shells and used a old 20 gauge single shot. I liked that because the dog got used to seeing you with a shot gun and you can develope the habit of following the flight. Which you need to do in a Hunt test. The judges get upset if you forget to shoulder your gun. Somebody else shoots the bird of course.......Cj
I have done the primer's in shot shells and they worked well, not real loud but the gun is there. What I did was to take a fired case and drill out the primer pocket to hold a primer. Then shoot the primer and knock out the fired primer and add a new one.