THE END?

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

THE END?

Post by gonehuntin' » Mon Oct 02, 2023 11:04 am

Is Versatile Dog's forum gone now? Seems like it. This is the second time in a few months that I can't log in. As far as posting went, they were really about dead anyhow.

Funny, these gun dog forums are slow, but the duck hunting forums are going strong. Can't explain that one.

Willie T

Re: THE END?

Post by Willie T » Tue Oct 03, 2023 5:08 am

Won’t open for me either GH. I’ve been lurking some on this site to get my bird dog fix.

gonehuntin'
GDF Junkie

Post by gonehuntin' » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:40 am

Willie T, this forum has some of the best people commenting on it of any forum. It is far, far superior to any Facebook group. Plus, it has a miserable, old, cantankerous, administrator that keeps trolls and posts that aren't of a positive nature off it. So you never get these bitter debates on it that are beneficial to no one. Oh, yah.....that cantankerous administrator is Sharon! Takes one to know one Sharon.

Now, there's a person I'd really like to meet sometime.

Sharon
GDF Junkie

Post by Sharon » Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:16 am

Hey!!! :lol:

It is so many experienced, respectful members that keep this place going. We are very fortunate to still have such an helpful site.
" We are more than our gender, skin color, class, sexuality or age; we are unlimited potential, and can not be defined by one label." quote A. Bartlett

fourseasons

Post by fourseasons » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:37 am

This forum has been kickin' it since 2004, when Grant and Greg Jennings got the board up and running! Amazing in this day of FB, multimedia, Tic Toc, etc. that such a wonderful forum for bird dog enthusiasts is still very active and enjoyed by so many.

Special thanks do go out to Sharon (joined 2008) for agreeing to be a Moderator (2017) and for the amazing job she's done to actively keep GDF a family-friendly place where knowledge and experience can be openly shared without much flaming that comes up in some other forums. We're grateful for all you do, Sharon!

Thanks, too, to Slistoe (joined 2007) who has been a Moderator since donning that hat in 2021. He's another power-house supporter here on the forum and his insights and organization are well appreciated.

There have been Moderators who have come and gone over the almost 20 years that GDF has been active, some from the 2004 startup year such as kninebirddog, Pear, ezzy333 and Ayres. Over time other great volunteers stepped up to moderate the forum: kiki's mom, topher40, Az Draht, mnaj_springer and jcbuttrey8. Sadly, ezzy333 and jcbuttrey8 passed away during their tenures as Moderators, but as many of the 'old guard' here know, Al (ezzy333) was one of the most prolific posters here on the forum and remained an active Mod up until he passed away (in his 80's).

The forum is fortunate to be sponsored and kept alive through the generosity of Gun Dog Supply, and the Board's "official" Admin is Rob Snell.

Then there's the 'silent types' such as myself Fourseasons (joined 2006) who became a Mod back in 2010, and spends most of my time on the Board being the "(wo)man behind the curtain" keeping the general admin side of things up and running. Even though I've been in bird dogs for many decades (no, I'm not telling how many <G>) I always learn something new, interesting, and/or valuable bits of info from reading posts here.

So, while other Boards might have reached "The End", not so for this great spot in cyberspace. Once again many thanks to Sharon and Slistoe for their ongoing generous donation of time and talent that ensures GDF stays open for another day - and to GDS and Rob for 'keeping the lights on'!

NEhomer

Post by NEhomer » Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:59 am

Kudos to everyone who keep this place up. It really is a gem of a spot on the web~