Garmin 320 giving up on me.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Garmin 320 giving up on me.

Post by DonF » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:53 pm

Have had it for some 20 yrs or so and have been through one receiver. Got a used receiver a few years ago but trouble all over with it. Terrible time getting ahold of Garmin to try and get it fixed and when I finally did they said they don't work on them anymore. Well that bumbed me out but it's had a lot of use over the years without letting me down so went ahead and ordered a new 430, I think that's the number. Got three new collars also. Any idea how hard I was for a skin flint like me? Anyway Now next weekend I might finally get the dogs on some wild birds, Grouse I hope! I don't turn then\m loose without their collars working right. probably gonna be the training collars next, they are even older than the 320 set was. If I get lucky with the oldest I can just get a new battery and go with it. Battery runs down to soon with it. Old Dogtra 1500 NCP and a 1300S that's not quite as old! Been hard this year with cats wiping out my birds a year and a half ago, nothing to shoot for Snicker and Abby so gonna try to get them on wild birds and pray! Gonna be the first time using my new 28ga CZ Bobwhite! on old Stormy think I'll just use the old AyA 28ga. had him out hoping for anything down the river couple times this year but around here wild birds are becoming a thing of the past. Really frustrating!

Oh, don't know if I ever posted a photo of my new pup, Abby. She's out of my Stormy and a Comeback female up in Yakima.

And her half brother, Snicker. I think this guy is gonna be really good!

RyanDoolittle

Re: Garmin 320 giving up on me.

Post by RyanDoolittle » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:10 pm

How do you like the 430 vs the 320?

I have a 320 that's about 10 or 12 years old and have been thinking of an upgrade. Especially now that members in our group are using the Alphas and it would be nice to sync handlers and dogs together.

We picked up a new red dog this year as well! Got one from Kelli Aitken.

DonF
GDF Junkie

Re: Garmin 320 giving up on me.

Post by DonF » Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:26 pm

ya know, after I ordered the 430 I had a terrible nightmare. Thing came and the collars all had their own hand held receivers. Then the thing was overloaded with all the latest computer junk and I couldn't figure out a thing on it. Then the hand held receiver were huge, this was really gross! They got here the next day and what a relief. They actually look like the 320 except they are orange! Pretty much work like the 320 also! I pretty sure I'll live through this. Boy if they had put the latest and greatest in the thing I'd be lost. Don't get along with computers very well.