Illinois NAVHDA

hoffmann35

Illinois NAVHDA

Post by hoffmann35 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:18 pm

I know the training day got cancelled last week at Seneca, but do any of you members know when the next session is? I think this is towards Ayres and Visla Vince, I do believe you guys belong to that chapter. Thanks

Joe

Will

Post by Will » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:19 pm

Heya Hoffmann.....I'm about 40 minutes south of you.....what chapter meets in Seneca.....I'm trying to decided what chapter is closest...and which to join.....thanks.

Ayres
GDF Junkie

Post by Ayres » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:21 am

I'm not a member of a NAVHDA chapter, though it is something I need to do some more reading on. I'm also pretty far south now, being about 2.5 hours south of Champaign. I go up to Wilmington for hunt tests but carpool with my training partner most of the way.
- Steven

Justus Kennels.com

Justus James Ayres SH CGC - Justus - Rest in Peace, buddy.
Wind River's JK Clara Belle - Belle
Wind River's JK Black Tie Affair - Tux

hoffmann35

Post by hoffmann35 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:31 pm

Ayres sorry for the mistake. Must have you confused with someone else on here. Will the NAVDHA chapter I joined meets at Seneca Hunt Club on Sundays once a month. Check out their website... www.illinoisnavdha.org
It's not updated but you can get a feel for things. Where are you at in central Illinois?

Will

Post by Will » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:21 pm

I'm near Minonk. Do they have their training days there at Seneca also? I'm thinking this is much closer for me than going to Canton.

smilinicon

Post by smilinicon » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:08 am

is that link to the IL NAVHDA site dead or typed wrong? Getting a file not found.

Will

Post by Will » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:35 am

www.illinoisnavhda.org

I think it was just spelled wrong....see if this one works. The Seneca Hunt Club where they meet looks pretty awesome. Check it out:

http://senecahuntclub.net/

ILfarmer

Navhda

Post by ILfarmer » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:01 pm

hey, i'm new to the whole hunt test thing. do you guys hold any field trials, and if so, where at? thanks

hoffmann35

Post by hoffmann35 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:49 am

It's probably better to try www.navdha.org and do a chapter locator search. There is a link on the left side of the page. I have had problems with the link too. Will, I have family down that way in Flanagan. Lucky you to be in some prime pheasant area there. ILFarmer, NAVDHA holds four types of tests: Natural Ability, Utility Prep Test, Utility Test, and Invitational. There are people on here with a lot more experience than I who can explain in greater detail. I'm new to it but looking forward to the experience.

Will

Post by Will » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:10 pm

Wow...I grew up in Flanagan and live between there and Minonk now. This used to be "prime" pheasant area...probably still is better than alot...but gotta work alot harder for your limit these days. We're gonna have to hook up for some hunting and/or some training!!!

birddog1220

navhda test days

Post by birddog1220 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:50 pm

hoffman here are the training days for the il. chapter.

mar.18 n/a tracking&field work

apr.22 na water&field work

may 20 field&water work

june 10 field& water work

july 15 field& water work

aug. 19 field& water work

sep. 9 field& water work

sep. 16 water site clean up @ desplanes

oct ? test date got moved from sep. to oct.

birddog1220

train days

Post by birddog1220 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:52 pm

also all the times are at 8:30am

Vizsla Vince

Re: Illinois NAVHDA

Post by Vizsla Vince » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:59 pm

hoffmann35 wrote:I know the training day got cancelled last week at Seneca, but do any of you members know when the next session is? I think this is towards Ayres and Visla Vince, I do believe you guys belong to that chapter. Thanks

Joe
I don't belong either, but I did attend one of their training days. I don't know if I will attend any this year. They have a neat arrangement with the Seneca Hunt Club. If I didn't already have arrangements on a farm, that alone would entice me in.

hoffmann35

Post by hoffmann35 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:57 am

Sorry for the mix up Vince, once again I'm not on the ball. They do have a good deal with the club thats for sure.

I've seen more and more pheasants your way lately Will. Between Flanagan and Gridley and southeast to Chenoa. Definately a ton more birds than up here.

Will

Post by Will » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:09 am

Ohhh yeah...lots more birds the last year here than I've seen in a long time. I have lots of water ways and creeks between Flanagan and Gridley to hunt. Have hunted them my whole life. I don't get over to the Chenoa area though. I know around here along the Woodford/Livingston country line area things are looking up. That, along with my boys showing interest, is why I'm getting a dog again.

Ingrid

Post by Ingrid » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:48 pm

Hi-
I went out to a training day this summer before I got my pup and met some really nice guys. Now that I have my pup- she's 5 months old almost- I've been looking for updates on the website, but no luck. I got a membership to NAVHDA, but I really don't know how things 'officially' work. How do I "do" a training day- is there anything I should know?
Thanks-
Ingrid

Ingrid

Post by Ingrid » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:39 am

Has anyone heard anything on conditions at Seneca? My dad had said it is getting pretty wet out his way. Thought I would check.
Ingrid

hoffmann35

Post by hoffmann35 » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:54 am

It rained pretty hard the other day and with the ground defrosting, everything is pretty mushy. It's supposed to be cold on Sunday, in the low 40's with a chance of rain/snow.

Ingrid

Post by Ingrid » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:27 pm

Well, it was a very nice day- Thanks to everyone I met- and weather that wasreally pretty nice! I'm very glad I got mud boots though.
Nice people and dogs all around, and I learned a thing or two as well. Hopefully, Ruby did too!
Ingrid

hoffmann35

Post by hoffmann35 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:50 pm

It was very nice. I learned quite a bit. I'm sorry Ingrid but were you the lady with the wirehair? I met so many people that I had a hard time with names. Thanks to birddog1120, he was a great help for me and my dog. Can't wait to return the favor Jim.

Joe

Ingrid

Post by Ingrid » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:07 pm

Nope, I had the 5month old braque bourbonnais.
I'll have trouble remembering names, too.
:D Ingrid

hoffmann35

Post by hoffmann35 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:30 pm

Ok, I was the tall guy with the unruly GSP. I'm sure you remember cause I had the only dog that was acting up. It was embarassing at first. I got a pic of your dog. I'll try to post.

hoffmann35

Post by hoffmann35 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:56 pm

Here is birddog1220 from this site helping with a tracking Spinoni

Ingrid's Braque

Gettin the truck out.

And here is my monster doing some whoa work today.

AceofSpades41

Post by AceofSpades41 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:03 am

hoffmann35

Looks like you folks had a fun time and the weather actually cooperated :D That's one fine looking dog

hoffmann35

Post by hoffmann35 » Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:18 am

Thanks Ace. Yeah it was a great time. It got a little muddy though and I didn't have any rubber boots :cry:

Ingrid

Post by Ingrid » Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:46 pm

Hope you have boots by now! It sounds like it will still be muddy.
Who is going this month?
Ingrid